Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i want to turbo my car i have a 93 2.3 notchback and i want to know what i need to turbo it i know i need pistons, turbo, intercoler, and i need to make a custom oil drain back for the turbo do i need anything else. i read something on here that the svo's just had different pistons and a different (chamber? what is this) and that was about it copared to the n/a 2.3's.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do you have to change them as if i dontmy motor will blow or just for better bag in cylinder or better compression.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and does anyone know were i can get a turbo kit for my car and should i go with a front mounted intercooler or threw the hood.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
the D port head is the only way to go.

Go with a FMIC with a minimal pressure drop

·
Registered
649 Posts
It would be alot easier to just get an 88 turbocoupe car and use it as a donor...

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i would beg to differ because if i did that i would completly rebuild it befor droping it in and i would also have to change the wiring harness which is also a pain.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
and i would also have to change the wiring harness which is also a pain.
You are going to have to change things over somehow anyway (harness) to make the turbo application be a success. It's cake with the engine out. just sit on the Kmember and take your sweet time.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
why would i need to change the harness out the same motor would go right back in the car with maybe a different head and different pistons?

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
you will need to change the EEC over to a turbo EEC application. The turbo will provide more air to the cylinder, which will require a more aggressive fuel schedule (injector pulse).
You also will need a different spark map.
So, if you install the turbo EEC, you could repin it to fit your harness, but why do all that work when you can just swap over an entire harness from a donor car? Your time I guess, not mine.
Just my $.02, good luck with the mod.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well it is just that i would have to spend the extra money on the engine and more time on the wiring harness.
i plan on rebuilding the engine in my car either that or buy an engine and rebuild it which i might also do.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.