Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found a local junk yard with a few 96-98 windstar vans that i could get the intake for cheap and I am wondering what i need to pull off the van and what I will need afterwards? Oh and my friend has a 96 V6 that he wnts to do can he just get upper and lower intake and be good or what else would he need?

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I have found a local junk yard with a few 96-98 windstar vans that i could get the intake for cheap and I am wondering what i need to pull off the van and what I will need afterwards? Oh and my friend has a 96 V6 that he wnts to do can he just get upper and lower intake and be good or what else would he need?
there's a couple write-ups floating around here somewhere, hunt them down and you should be fine.

however, your friend with the 96 is out of luck unless he also swaps to split port heads along with a lower intake manifold.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I believe my father has a good write-up on how to do it. I think it cost him like 40 bucks to do his. Yes your buddy is out of luck. Unless he does a split port swap on his car. He will gain bout 40 hp and could get the stuff at a jy. there are a few write ups of that too.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Thanks Jesse! I knew someone did a write up for the swap

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.