Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know what kind of product u guys are using to clean ur guages, and exterior. Any specific brand that u guys could reccomend?:thumbsup thanx

·
Registered
299 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Zaino on the car, Zaino on the tires. Great stuff.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Nothing, I never owned a car where the inside windows get dirty so fast. Especially the rear inside window. I've talked face to face w/ stang owners about this. WTF, maybe it's the cold, salt air of cape cod that does this.

E

·
0 Posts
The back window of my caddy gets dirty as hell all the time (usually within 2 weeks), but I tend to cruise with my driver window down a lot. Could be the area, but doubt it. Hopefully my stang doesn't get as dirty as that window looks like it'll be a pain to clean on the inside.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Well,

I use DAWN dish washing liquid for the exterior. It cleans great and does not seem to eat the wax off too fast. It also seem to get rid of brake dust well.

I use Meguires Liguid gold for wax and leather wipes for the seats.

I use Armorall to protect the plastic and tires...

I use a little WD-40 to remove any tar, paint or grease stains on the exterior. It will also get these stains out of the carpet, but you do have to shampoo the carpet afterwareds. DO NOT GET THE WD on stickers that you want to keep, it will remove them. However it is great for getting rid of the dealer stickers.
I have tried all of the other stuff over the years, but these inexpensive products always seem to work best....

·
Registered
76 Posts
I use the Mr. Clean auto dry to wash the exterior and the various Armor All wipes on the interior. I havent waxed or polished yet but plan to use Zanio products for that....

·
0 Posts
ONLY USE DAWN SOAP TO REMOVE OLD WAX OR POLISH, its actually the worst to use. go buy yourelf some official car wash soap.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
donnyonee said:
ONLY USE DAWN SOAP TO REMOVE OLD WAX OR POLISH, its actually the worst to use. go buy yourelf some official car wash soap.
Exactly ^^^

And to top it off your using meguires which in individual test doesnt hold its wax properties all that well.
Unless your waxing after every Dawn wash, you probly have very little wax on it.

Have my Zaino Ultimate Kit waiting for my car!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Stoenr said:
And to top it off your using meguires which in individual test doesnt hold its wax properties all that well.
Which "individual test" are you referring to? Got a link?

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Sorry dont have a link, and cant remember which forum it was from. But basically what they did is took a hood, taped off I think 4 sections, one using nothing on, one using Zaino, one NXTGen, one store bought zymol. He was a meguiers user before his test. Used individuals opinion on the each area of the hood onlyl labeled by a #. After so long Nxtgen was looking simular to the area of the hood with no protection, and water didnt bead nearly as much. Zaino held the best shine, and repeled the water the best, next was the Zymol.
Ill try a search for it tho, It was interesting.

·
Registered
36 Posts
For glass cleaning Stoner Invisible Glass is the BEST!! I live in a salt-air enviornment and in a day your insides of windows can fog. This cuts through quickly on the first wipe...and never smears....can't reccomend it highly enough.

·
Registered
299 Posts
sonny1213 said:
Nothing, I never owned a car where the inside windows get dirty so fast. Especially the rear inside window. I've talked face to face w/ stang owners about this. WTF, maybe it's the cold, salt air of cape cod that does this.
Sonny,

Try this cleaner. It doesn't leave any residue like some others. Also, when
you wash your window cleaning cloths, remember NOT to put any fabric
softener in the wash. Your windows will sparkle like new!!!

http://www.invisibleglass.com/index.htm

·
Registered
58 Posts
sonny1213 said:
The interior windows get dirty as a result of gasses being released by the plastics and synthetic carpets in the car. Many people have commented on the cheezy quality of the plastic used in the Mustang. I'll bet this has a lot to do with it. The windows do get a film on them very fast.

·
Registered
122 Posts
sranger
NEVER, ever use dish soap on your stang. That stuff is designed to cut through anything!!!!!
That stuff is what we use to prep a car BEFORE waxing!
ZAINO

1 - 18 of 18 Posts