Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey how ya doing? ...first post over here in the audio section.
Thing is, I can not hear my door speakers in my 95. I have 2- 100 watt kenwood 6x9's and 2- 8 inch JL audio subs in the back deck.
Everything is pretty much old mix match stuff and not sounding very good.
I want to upgrade door the speakers. Are they 5.25's?
So I don't really know a lot,
Is Rockford Fosgate considered "very good?"

-Idea of stuff to install

Doors
Audio Barrier
-Bulk Damping Material Kit (9) Dampening Sheets 18" x 32" (36 SQ FT) X / Dynamat Roller

Doors
Rockford Fosgate Power Series
-T152-S 5.25" 2-Way Component System
-4 Ohms
-75W RMS
-150W Max

Under seat
Rockford Fosgate Punch Series
-P300-2 300 Watt 2-Channel Amplifier
-75W x 2 @ 4-Ohms RMS
-150W x 2 Max

amp-------------175
speakers-------165
dynamat--------100
$440

extras & total = $500

Then I figured replace my old crappy rear amp with the P400-2 later.

What do ya think anyone have something like that? What do ya say about Rockford Fosgate?

Any advice on anything?

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Rockford is one of the best names in audio, you can buy their components with 100% confidence. They blow Kenwood out of the water by the way.

·
Registered
76 Posts
i put 6.5" rockfords in the doors of my 2000 and i love it. i've got a rockford amp pushing two alpine type R's in the trunk and it slams.

·
Registered
320 Posts
The spk. size in your 95 is a 5x7 / 6x8 in the front and rear. You can bottom mount 6x9's in the rear. You can buy or make a plate for the front spk. to install a 5 1/4 or even a 6 1/2. Just check the depth in the door so the spk doesn't hit the window track. If you go with components you should have a sub woofer to help out.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it took awhile to get back on here, with installing the door speakers and Dynamat Extreme along with school OMG I been busy...

I got pics just have to get it together. I cant even remember the model right now but I went with Infinity 6x8 in the doors with a crossover and tweeters in the lil triangle on the door...by the window... and Dynamated everything the whole door. I greased the window tracks real good and that realy made the windows move quiet.
I also got this stuff like dynamat kinda. From lows, its black rubber, tar and sticky as hell kinda like insane electric tape. It came in a roll like 15 inches wide and I dono very long...$18 bux. It was called window flasjing I think. I put that on the inside of the door behind the speaker and behind the crossover that is bolted to the door under the panel. I also used it on the plastic door panel to dampen vibrations. along with a little foam. The fricken door sounds like closing a refrigerator door haha. A loud simi was passing me on the highway I put my window up and I couldn't even hear it, its great. I cant wait to do the trunk. I got the rockford fosgate punch p200-2 for the 6x8 doors. they run at 2 ohm so the p 200 should be plenty. After I dynamat the trunk and attempt to rattle proof it I plan on using the R/F 6x9 power series 3 way. and the Punch 500-2 for them. then the subs...

I had mid terms and had to stop after I got the door panels on and haven't even hooked up the p200-2 yet.
I wanna gut the trunk and really make the install sweet. I run the bat in the trunk already and Just got hold of some pure copper 2 awg cable. Plan on only about a 5 foot run of 2 awg to a distribution block 1 farad cap and 4 - 4 awg outputs, The 4 awg should be running 4 foot or less. I think its gona rock my ford.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.