Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of trading in the 01 for 03-04 Mach 1. found one at a dealership by my house, 03, Auto, 10,950 mi...asking around $15k-$16k....torch red, beautiful car. problem is i cant buy from that dealership because my mom works for a competing Ford store and the pay-off lady in her office would see the pay-off check for a competitor....politics suck. anywho, she's got the locator guy at her store looking for a Mach for me. i would love to have a 5-speed, but dont wanna learn beating the piss out of a Mach, and i do ALOT of stop-n-go everyday. what price range do you guys think im looking at for a real nice Mach?

·
Registered
158 Posts
i dont think your going to find a better deal than that!! if i were you id jump on that,, theres gotta be a way somehow you can work around the politics.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So this lady that works with your mom has that much time on her hands to care about you buying the car you want from a dealer that has it?:headscratch: Free market, go with the car you want.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jim, as sad as it sounds thats exactly what happens...i tried to explain to my ma that this is not your ordinary everyday stang and they dont hit the dealerships that often...im in love man
This deal is almost too sweet to pass up tho, its immaculate, im just wondering why it is priced so low. that price is way low for something with low of miles on it.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Do the CarFax on it, it likely had a wreck.

Otherwise, there is no explanation, since those cars have held their resale value quite well. That price is less than I would expect to pay an individual, much less a dealer.

I suspect you will NOT find a comparable deal, assuming the car is pristine. Check the Mach 1 club and registry sites on line. Their classified sections usually have some really fine examples for sale.

I would actually PREFER the auto tranny in that car, given that I have arthritis in my left knee now.

What color is it?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, i am truly serious about buying it i will def. research it some more...

Its Torch Red :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
the only thing is the 5 speed machs have the forged crank. and you cant beat the fun of driving a manual car on a back country road.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Wow that is anice deal...almost too nice though. With that low of mileage on a limited production stang like that you would think it be at least 19k. +1 on the carfax, and test drive it carefully. Also, if you want the car, doesnt matter where its at if you have the money and good credit, go for it. Screw politics.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so thru connections, i ran the VIN...car was bought in Mich. in 03 then titled in IL in late 04 with 10,400 mi on it then, now its only got just shy of 11,000. 600 mi in 4+ yrs....i dunno, seems sketchy. just doesnt seem like it would be a reliable everyday driver if the mileage is accurate...cars with low low miles that are then driven everyday seem to start having problems with seals going bad and drying up and mechanical failures...i think im going to pass on this one...chalk it up to the old saying "if something seems too good to be true, it usually is"....but man, it was BEAUTIFUL! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.