Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I get the shaker hood do you guys think that if I put the cobra jet emblems on the shaker for the purpose of replication not because of the engine size. I am trying to get the look as close as possible to the 70's mach's. I do not consider it the same as putting cobras on a 3.8 v-6 but do wonder what other mustang drivers will think.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I'm personally not a fan of "marketing" stuff above their grade if they are still bone stock. Example: As much as i'd enjoy swaping my GT front end to a GT500 front end i won't do it unless i do some high yeild HP mods (or at least something beyond bone stock)

Since your trying to do a 70's "theme" your car and your going to put them on the shaker itself and not replace your pony emblems on the side i say go for it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Not a fan personally, but its your ride bro. Do what makes you happy. just like the guy with the mustang "GTr" did.
wow, I apologise for that comment; not really a comparison- sorry again.
I'm just not a big fan of putting emblems from other cars on a ride.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my fenders are blank and i'm just trying to get opinons to help me decide and it isn't stock any more just need to figure out what size gears I want after this. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
When I get the shaker hood do you guys think that if I put the cobra jet emblems on the shaker for the purpose of replication not because of the engine size. I am trying to get the look as close as possible to the 70's mach's. I do not consider it the same as putting cobras on a 3.8 v-6 but do wonder what other mustang drivers will think.

I wouldn't if I did it, but it is your car. I think I would try to find something that kinda looks similar to get the effect, yet still reflects your true car.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
542 Posts
If that is what you want do it, I put them on mine and couldnt give a rats azz what anyone else thought. I respect the opinions I find on this board but if i tailored my car to everyones opinions there is no telling what it would look like.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Since Ford actually put out a Cobra Jet for the S197, I'd label that a rebadging job and all the ridicule that comes with it ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.