Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm debating on getting a new trunk cover thing or as the site calls it "deck lid trim panel". what is the general census on this? any good, i can not decide if i like it or not. a part of me wants it and another part of me is saying to stick with the fake gas cap with the GT emblem.

Classic Design Concepts Deck Lid Trim Panel

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
G

·
If you are going with the whole blackout scheme... I'd do it...

I am not so much into them, personally though - but it's your Barbie Doll, dress her up as you wish... :laugh:

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
you could try the magnetic blackout panel like the one that i have. they are only $70-$80 bucks and if you don't like it, take it off without any residue.

i got mine from Mossmustang.com

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
yeah, i've seen those they are nice. the problem is i got the upper and lower billet grill; so the honeycomb would not go to well with those.
Good point... Plus I've heard those honeycombs are a real pain to clean.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you could try the magnetic blackout panel like the one that i have. they are only $70-$80 bucks and if you don't like it, take it off without any residue.

i got mine from Mossmustang.com

thats a good point, but i dont want to do the straight black out panel. i like the little GT emblem in the cornor, a little "flair" if you will. also, my car color is the alloey metallic, so it would be a little redundant going with the straight blackout panel.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
What about some sort of painted panel?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What about some sort of painted panel?
hmmm...i like where your going with that, but i have no stripes or any other color accents on my car. i wouldnt even know where to begin picking a color. unless your talking about going with a black one and having some kind of logo or design painted on it. that could be pretty cool, it would have to be subtle though.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
hmmm...i like where your going with that, but i have no stripes or any other color accents on my car. i wouldnt even know where to begin picking a color. unless your talking about going with a black one and having some kind of logo or design painted on it. that could be pretty cool, it would have to be subtle though.
Well, now's your chance then. Pick a color. You can even have an airbrush artist do a mural if that's what you want. I saw a Cobra emblem recently that even had the scales in it.
I'm going to get a guy (the same one who did the cobra emblem) to do my intake tube to match my plenum cover (sonic blue with a checkered flag tear away-check my gallery) and he gave me a rough price of about $250. I'm doing the prep.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, now's your chance then. Pick a color. You can even have an airbrush artist do a mural if that's what you want. I saw a Cobra emblem recently that even had the scales in it.
I'm going to get a guy (the same one who did the cobra emblem) to do my intake tube to match my plenum cover (sonic blue with a checkered flag tear away-check my gallery) and he gave me a rough price of about $250. I'm doing the prep.
your plenum cover looks great. i'll look into that, maybe i'll find something i like. if not, i will be happy enough with the stock one...maybe:scratchchin

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
your plenum cover looks great. i'll look into that, maybe i'll find something i like. if not, i will be happy enough with the stock one...maybe:scratchchin
My point was you could do anything from a solid color of your choice to something more exotic if you went with paint. What's your favorite color? Vapor would go with anything. Start with that in a semi-gloss and think of ways to jazz it up from there. You can do almost any color for the same cost as black if you had it painted on.

G

·
My opinion...I love my PAINT.

I do not want to cover it up.

Plastic looks like it is tuff to clean, especially for us guys who park outside, and UV fading may be an issue.

I can't get enough Redfire paint, I'm keeping mine clean on the back.

With some shemes it looks ok, just not for me.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.