Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i get my taxes back in the next few weeks, I have decided to dump it into my 2000 gt. I have done a little research and have come up with this basic setup. Just wondering what everyone thought of the following setup:
3.90 rear (I will be on the highway some)
stage 1 cams
BBk long tubes
bf goodwrench g-force tires
I know this isnt the best setup for power but what do you think it will put to the rear wheels?
This isn't going to be my final setup but just the beginning and if you have any suggestions on something different please tell me.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
If you're gonna do cams, might as well drop the dough and get new springs and get the Stage II's and let the long tubes ride for another time. You'll be much happier with the return from cams & springs.

·
Registered
154 Posts
BlueStreak03 said:
If you're gonna do cams, might as well drop the dough and get new springs and get the Stage II's and let the long tubes ride for another time. You'll be much happier with the return from cams & springs.
Some people don't like the power band on the stage II's. Agree with the springs though

00gt, Do you have a stick or auto? With an auto and cams you may need to get a converter as well depending on the cam choice.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Forgot something:

Tires: What dimension do you get? If you get 245/45 17 (stock) make sure you get at least "$106 each" deal on the tires. That's what tirerack.com sells them for.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my car is a stick. The reason why I don't want the stage 2's is because i dont want to rev past red line but I dont mind losing a little low end as long as it gets me more uptop.

As far as tires, I was planning on getting 275/40/17.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Long Tube headers won't pass smog (at least in dumb california):sadcry:

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
SC doesn't even have safety inspections, he's good to go.

·
Registered
11 Posts
BlueStreak03 said:
SC doesn't even have safety inspections, he's good to go.
Sweet i'm moveing there

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.