Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello
what do you think about thyphoon intake? is it good? i have a 88' LX with a 306 with XE274HR, 30lbs inyector, 75mm maff, 1 5/8 LT's, stock heads milled and ported, T5 and 3.73 gears. I am planing in future to 347 with AFR 185's aspirated too, i whant to know wich TB and intake can work for me now and in the future with the 347 i like typhoon because its similar to performer RPM and its very cheap and i can polish the runners i have the tools for it (dremell) and for the TB i was thinking of 70mm.

p.s. I hope you can help me i live in VENEZUELA and sorry for my errors in my english.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ale,
I have serched around and I have concluded that the typhoon is a good intake, since is a copy of the Edelbrock Performer. The only problems that I have read about were with the casting, it's kind of poor quality so there is a lot of cleaning up you would have to do with your dremmel. I guess if you have the time, you could clean it up a bit. I am thinking of buying one myself.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
you can run it without cleaning it up with the stock heads, but it needs to be ported for the AFR heads to make max power.

·
Registered
39 Posts
did u all see the dyno test the mustang book did on the inatkes the gt40 made almost the same power. only the lower can be ported on a gt40 but a cobra can be ported uper and lower and lot cheaper like 350 new the Explorer intake is also a good intake gt40 cobra Explorer intake for the 302 all use the same gasket set.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.