Votes: 58 76.3%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got some some new Tires and Rims for my first stang...20" chrome.
But after going to my first car/mustang show and seeing all the awesome stangs Im second guessing my choice. So Im going to ask the pro's ~~you guys/gals for your suggestions:

Should i stick with what I got or go maybe change to the Black and Chrome lip like the chip foose edition. Ive included a pic of my car now and the chip foose edition. Thanks for input.:headscratch:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
While I usually prefer chrome or polished rims, I think the black rims on your car would look killer.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
the black looks good just never understood the 20" rims on a stang.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really want to model mine like the foose edition..so do you think I should downsize to a 18" - 19"...plan on puttin lowering springs to reduce fender well spacing also?:headscratch:

·
Registered
454 Posts
If the choice is between pic #1 and pic #2 then the black rims are the right choice. Those rims in pic #1 belong on the bad guys chariot in Ben Hur and not on a Mustang.

G

·
Foose style 18" max size. Just my opinion but I think 18" is about as large as you want to go on the Stang.

Let us know what you do!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I've never been a big fan of black rims, although on some cars they do look good. I would prefer chrome rims but only in something like the 18 inch Bullitt rims....something a little more understated than what you currently have. I think the current chrome rims you have, especially in 20s, are a bit too flashy for an S197 Mustang, or any Mustang for that matter.

If the choice were only between the 2 pictures you have posted, the black rims are actually better suited for a Mustang.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I would go with the black Foose's on your stang. :hihi:

·
Registered
25,075 Posts
Love the look of the black wheel! HOT!

G

·
20" Black Foose Nitrous wheels for sure!

There is also a Grey/Black Foose Nitrous rim that I think looks pretty sweet, and would possible look better on your ride than the solid black. Here is a link to them on Chip Foose's web site.

I've had my eye on these Foose Nitrous wheels for a while now and when I get some extra coin I am going to spring for them, 20" Black. They are some awesome wheels. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
917 Posts
Nothing less than the 20 inch Foose Nitrous rims...They look great

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
The black rims with chrome lip look good on the Foose edition because they accent the black striping on the Foose. They would also look good on your car, but really good on your car if you also add some black striping (similar to the Foose or whatever you like).

As long as the roads are pretty good around where you live you can run 20" wheels. Big potholes can ruin 20" rims. You just got those 20" chrome wheels and new tires, so as long as you can return the chrome rims you could use the same tires on the black rims.

·
Registered
244 Posts
So when are you getting those black Foose wheels, they will look outstanding on your grey Mustang. 1000 X improvement. Just my opinion but 100% chrome wheels do not belong on any Mustang, I think stock wheels look better. Save the big chrome wheels for lowered trucks. YES GET THOSE FOOSE.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
So when are you getting those black Foose wheels, they will look outstanding on your grey Mustang. 1000 X improvement. Just my opinion but 100% chrome wheels do not belong on any Mustang, I think stock wheels look better. Save the big chrome wheels for lowered trucks. YES GET THOSE FOOSE.
You obviously have not seen the chrome 18" Bullitt's. They look amazing. Chrome but understated styling. I agree that many chrome rims can look a little ricey....but the 18" Bullitt's don't. I have the polished aluminum Bullitt's on mine but will probably get the chrome ones at some point. In order to look good, any chrome rims must be understated and subtle in their styling.

And I still think 20s are too big a rim for a retro styled s197 Mustang....but just my opinion.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Black w/ chrome lips w/ your color car for sure. No bigger than 18 unless you upgrade the brakes.

·
Registered
41 Posts
W/o even seeing the pics I would have said the blk ones. Most Stangs look better w/h blk depending on the options they have and the choice of colors. Now ya gonna be bummed because damn near everybody says the other wheel intead of what ya already got. That sucks dude. I like em but I think its a bit to much bling to put on a Stang is all.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.