Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked out an 07 Premium at a Ford Dealer I don't think they realize how much its been tuned they are asking 18295
interior upgrade package with satin aluminum dash, Sirius
Four new looking Sunny Tires 18" polished rims.
it has some crossover pipe with no mufflers or resonators, with big chrome tips
BBK dual 62mm throttle body (CEL is on)
BBK CAI
it seemed to drone at 50mph or so. I couldnt get a clear piece of road to test it at all speeds for drone.
I could change it to an X pipe if thats better. I am looking for a car that I can work on on the weekends rather than a brand new car.
It seemed fast.
The Shaker 500 had buttons worn off and the tint job was poor and should be redone.
Would you offer 17 for this car?

·
Registered
542 Posts
mileage? and probabbly not.

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
9,239 Posts
Too much money.....................

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Paid $14,995 for my 06 GT with 30xxx miles auto totally stock:bigthumbsup and nearly mint, premium 6disc cd. :)

BTW Mods don't add to the value of the car IMO, they can actually hurt it. The BBK TB is worthless for extra performance, and I've heard bad things about the BBK brand in general and that goes for CAI but have no experience with it personally.

I'd wait for a better deal and try to get something stock and with less miles for less money. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hell no I would get something with at the most 30,000 miles on it. I have also been shopping around and I found a 2008 gt C/S fully loaded for $18,900 and it has 30,000 miles on it and. But I have also saw 2008 premium model GT's running for $26k. Depending on how long they have had the car I would probably offer anywhere from $15k to $16500 if i were you. Goodluck!

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
make a big deal out of the CEL and use that to justify a real low-ball offer ; since the dealer probably is clueless they might fall for it

·
Registered
57 Posts
I agree with others, that is too high. $15k is a better price. I bought a similar car for 17k a year and a half ago with 30,000 miles on it.

The BBK can be a problem - I know mine is!

S

·
0 Posts
Buddy of mine just bought a 2010 mustang gt with 20k miles on it for $20,000. He totalled it 3 days later, but still you can do better price wise. People were holding off on buying 2009's because the 2010 was being revised. Then the 2011 5.0 came out and there is surplus on both.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Do you guys live in areas where they price cars dirt cheap or something? I searched for months to find my car, in a 300 mile radius (on autotrader anyway), and most 05-06's I found were going for $14K even with 80-90K on the odo. Now granted I was only looking at stick cars, but still...I thought I stole my car for $13.6K and it still wasn't quite perfect (it was a repo car so it has some little flaws, and I got it wholesale) although it was all stock.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I bought my 2006 preimum GT with 18,200 miles on it as a Certified Preowned Car with a 6yr 100,000 warranty for $18,000.00

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
i bought my car for $14800 out the door and the car its self had 14,000 miles on it
i could not pass up the deal

·
Registered
335 Posts
Do you guys live in areas where they price cars dirt cheap or something?
Location makes a difference. Sometimes a big one.
Last fall shopping for a used GT locally, I found 40k mile cars all day for $19000. Not even premium cars... cloth.

I widened my search to all of the US and found a handful of GTs for less than $17000 with low miles and leather. I flew out west and drove mine back. Luckily the Lexus dealer wanted rid of a car they couldn't sell and my leap of faith paid off.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Used car prices are high right now, but that doesn't mean you have to overpay. That price is about 2-3 grand high given your description.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'd still see if i can get him to drop it a little. Just to see if you can save yourself some money.

I'll be selling my 07 GT in December/January timeframe (should have about 51k miles on it by then 25k of it s/c'd) because I am being stationed overseas for 4 years.

It's got a decent list of mods on it and is putting down 467rwhp and 410ft/lbs of torque on the dyno and tune i just had done. Still gets 25+ mpg if i dont drive like a maniac.

I figure i should be able to get $20k for it easy.

S

·
0 Posts
I'd still see if i can get him to drop it a little. Just to see if you can save yourself some money.

I'll be selling my 07 GT in December/January timeframe (should have about 51k miles on it by then 25k of it s/c'd) because I am being stationed overseas for 4 years.

It's got a decent list of mods on it and is putting down 467rwhp and 410ft/lbs of torque on the dyno and tune i just had done. Still gets 25+ mpg if i dont drive like a maniac.

I figure i should be able to get $20k for it easy.
not at a dealership

·
Registered
431 Posts
I ordered mine from the dealership back in 05. I payed $26,640 with tax and title included for a brand new one with 7miles on it. But I did work at that dealership and I was the only one at that dealership that got D-plan pricing on a new 05 GT premium:laugh: P.S. I ordered it also:smile

1 - 20 of 21 Posts