Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to a shop in Dallas that specialize in mustangs. I told him about all the recommendation and in what order I should do them.
BBK Long Tube Headers
BBK High Flow X Pipe
75mm throttle body and denum
Diablo sport tuner
Procharger HO stage 2 3 core intercooler

He replied that I should skip the headers and x pipe and the diablo sport tuner.

Jump straight to installing the procharger with injectors, and fuel pump, 75mm throttle body/denum and dyno tune. He said that @ 10 psi I should pull atleast 400rwhp and thats all he would do on a stock engine. Anything else would be pushing it on a stock.

He recommended doing the headers and x pipe when the stock engine goes out.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I think the guy is trying to save you some money.

If your ok with the hp numbers hes quoting you and you trust that his shop can safely reach those numbers, I dont see why not.

·
Registered
154 Posts
STONECOLD said:
I think the guy is trying to save you some money.

If your ok with the hp numbers hes quoting you and you trust that his shop can safely reach those numbers, I dont see why not.
x2......FYI, it's plenum not denum

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I'm with these guys. Sounds like the guy is trying to be helpful. You could do the x-pipe very easily before the motor gives out though. The headers are a different story.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
ok, we all have those moments. I know I have more than my share of them. We know what was meant. I think underworld was just making sure you knew the correct term.

·
Registered
154 Posts
dallas02GT said:
I talked to a shop in Dallas that specialize in mustangs. I told him about all the recommendation and in what order I should do them.
BBK Long Tube Headers
BBK High Flow X Pipe
75mm throttle body and denum
Diablo sport tuner
Procharger HO stage 2 3 core intercooler

He replied that I should skip the headers and x pipe and the diablo sport tuner.

Jump straight to installing the procharger with injectors, and fuel pump, 75mm throttle body/denum and dyno tune. He said that @ 10 psi I should pull atleast 400rwhp and thats all he would do on a stock engine. Anything else would be pushing it on a stock.

He recommended doing the headers and x pipe when the stock engine goes out.

What do you guys think?
No need for hostility. I assumed since you spelled it wrong twice and there are no other misspelled words in your post you didn't know what the upper intake was called. Don't be a jerk while asking for help.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Underw0rld said:
No need for hostility. I assumed since you spelled it wrong twice and there are no other misspelled words in your post you didn't know what the upper intake was called. Don't be a jerk while asking for help.
Sorry... I must have taken it the wrong way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.