Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this tonight. Wanted to ask everyones opinion. Abomination or art? What do you say?

I say someone wasted alot of money. Of course I have always hated every Mustang 71-93. Wouldn't own one if someone put a 45 to my skull and handed me a briefcase full o' hundred's.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Hello.:)I don't have any problem with the later model cars,(71-73)but that,in my opinion,is even uglier than the 67/68 eleanors.Yet another perfectly good vintage automobile destroyed just as surely as if it had ended up in the crusher.The car isn't worth enough restored to justify the massive expense involved in putting it back to right,so it'll have to look like that,only rougher, until the day it does go to the crusher.Whatever it is,it isn't a mustang anymore.Kind of sad,really,but that's just me.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Ah I like the eleanor style. It looks good. Even on the 71-73. 71-73 mustangs are nice looking cars, just different style. The ONLY mustangs that sucked were the Mustang II's. The fox-bodies in the 80's were nice. The legendary 5.0 motor baby!

·
Registered
115 Posts
As far as the Eleanor clone goes, going by appearance alone without taking into consideration that it once was a Mustang, I think it looks kinda cool. That being said, personally, I would never do that to a classic 'Stang.

lthompson05 said:
The fox-bodies in the 80's were nice.
Sorry, but I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one. I think the Fox bodies were Ugly with a capital 'U'. Sure they were the customizer's dream car, but the older body styles were boxy and the later body styles were hardly better. They looked like a fricking rice-burner. Not to mention the fact that, no matter how you looked at them, they still didn't look like a Mustang.

In point of fact, the one thing that I (and, I suspect, many other Mustang fans out there) really loved about the new Mustang was the way they harkened back to the classic lines. They finally got it right. Only took 'em... what? ... 35 years?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ninja I am going to agree with you. I personally hate every single mustang 71-93. And not just a little bit of hate either.

·
Registered
127 Posts
To each his own, I guess. Personally, I've seen Mustangs throughout the years from every year of production that I liked. I've also seen some I didn't like. As for the '73 in the pic, I see some features I like and some that I don't. Guess I'm not so closed-minded as to totally slam every car of a particular body style or year. Maybe it's the age and maturity thing catching up to me.

·
Registered
514 Posts
i say art.....although i dont like the hood...but i hate the 05 elinore kit

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Never cared for the 05 kits either. I just can't stand the styling of any Mustang from 71 to 93. I think Ford took this great idea that was/is the Mustang and tried to make it everything to everybody. I personally go for form and function, not a little bit of either. I couldn't tell a real Shelby from a fake one when the newest "gone in 60 seconds" came out. However since then I believe I have developed a bit of knowledge on the subject. This also leads me to despise the Unique Performance Shelby continuations. Just because Shelby writes his name on something does not mean it is a "Shelby". Also means just because you can factory option a 429, it doesn't mean you have a real muscle car. everything to everybody isn't a way to sell cars.

I'll never like anything on every car I see. I will although happen to voice my opinion when I see idiocy and a waste of time/money at work. That was the reason I started this thread.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Abomination.
I smell so much soy sauce in that thing it must be at a sushi bar.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Willystyle21 said:
I'll never like anything on every car I see. I will although happen to voice my opinion when I see idiocy and a waste of time/money at work. That was the reason I started this thread.
So I'm curious...after you put all the time, money, blood, sweat and tears into your own ride, and feel that sense of pride, what will your reaction be when someone says your car is a product of idiocy and a waste of time and money? And believe me, even though you may not hear the words yourself, someone somewhere will say that. If you have no problem with that, if it stirs no emotion from you to have some stranger berate your own efforts, then by all means "blast" away.

If, on the other hand, it "irks" you, or perhaps even enrages you, then stop and think a bit before stomping on someone else's pride. That's all I'm saying.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Willystyle21 said:
Found this tonight. Wanted to ask everyones opinion. Abomination or art? What do you say?

I say someone wasted alot of money. Of course I have always hated every Mustang 71-93. Wouldn't own one if someone put a 45 to my skull and handed me a briefcase full o' hundred's.
I think it looks cool.

Saw the car in SuperRods, it's a Kansas car . . .

:happyhapp

·
Registered
358 Posts
Well lets put it this way.
The new flowery civic look with the big wings and nonsense is a total turnoff to me.
To each his own.
But I can say this.
The workmanship as much as I can tell from the pictures is excellent.
It must have taken a hell of a lot of attention to detail.
I shake your hand for that (if it is yours).
It is a fantastic looking car.
It just is styling I cannot handle.
But
I will get over it.

·
Registered
669 Posts
My opinion (that is what you asked for right?)

A very beautiful work of art, and a failed attempt to better an already perfect car.
I would've picked a different format. I think that project would've looked better on a 77 or 76 Mustang II F/B.

The taillights just through it off for me. I am a 71-73 Mustang fanatic by the way.

·
Registered
149 Posts
If I see another Eleanor anything I'm going to puke! It's getting way out of hand like General Lee Chargers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I saw this stang in a magazine a while back and quite honestly, I like it. Much better than all the poor 67 and 67 fastbacks that were destroyed to make a car that wasnt even real in the first place! The 71-73 mustangs are not on my list of favorites, but the unique application to this car is cool. If it was mine, I think I would have to go all black with some ghost racing stripes maybe... Anything but the gray and black you see EVERYWHERE. One interesting note - If this is indeed the car I saw in a magazine, one of the modifications included a CHEVROLET big block!:sterb: That certainly would not have been my choice!

·
Registered
433 Posts
tbird said:
If I see another Eleanor anything I'm going to puke! It's getting way out of hand like General Lee Chargers.
Cough, cough, hack....RRRRRAAAAALLLLLPPPPPHHHHH!!!!!!, Yeah, me too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Willystyle21 said:

Best car I ever had was a 72 pony. Drove it to Ca and TX I don't know how many times and back again. Water pump only thing that gave me trouble. Also go many comps like " nicest mustang I ever saw. Wish I had it back.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.