Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What does everything do?

581 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  ModsStang 
#1 ·
Is there a site or something that I can check out that will explain all of these different car care products and how they work?

I'm kinda new to the detailing thing, but I love getting our cars nice and shiny and need to learn the difference in everything...

One question that comes to mind is... What is the difference between a Cleaner Wax and a regular wax?

G
#2 ·
Here's a cool site...

Auto Education

and another with demos!!

Auto Geek

Cleaner wax sometimes uses abrasives (or chemicals) and should not be used often or layered - it's for use on paint that is dirty - if you don't often cover your car and it's exposed to the elements - maybe once a year if you generally take great care of your car... immediately following the clay routine.

A great example is I clayed my husband filthy yellow car... claying it did nothing to "clean" the paint except of surface contams. When I then used the cleaner wax - you could see the dirt lifting out of the yellow paint... truly did a spectacular job. But it's not something you use often - at all.

Regular wax is more of a protectant which is layered on in steps.

Also, Maguires and many of the other "popular" brands and manufacturers have video and demo sections as well...

Others will chime in, it will be interesting to learn...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.