Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was on here one night and I read what Ford recommends to use to clean the gauge bezels and radio glass without scratching does anyone know what to use to clean them with, with out scratching?

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Hey guys, I was on here one night and I read what Ford recommends to use to clean the gauge bezels and radio glass without scratching.
Ahhhh, didnt you just answer your own question?

Maybe im just misunderstanding what your asking.

I know in my car I just use a micro fiber to clean the dash and instrument cluster.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Get a large woman's face powder brush and use it dry to clean the gauge lenses. The soft bristles of this brush are designed to pickup powder, so it works really well to pickup dust.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just use Meguiars clear plastic detailer, or plexus, or even the megs quick interior detailer with a microfiber you will be fine. If you do get scratches plast-x will take care of that or the two part cleaner polish.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Wolfgang's interior cleaner (non oil based so no film or residue) and a good microfiber rag.

tip: your local parts store does not sell good microfiber. You have to get something like this to ensure 100% microfiber.

I use these to clean/wipe the interior and to wipe off hazed up machine polish on the paint before waxing/sealing

Amazon.com: 3 Pack Cobra Miracle Towels, 16 x 24 inches: Automotive

and then this for wiping off the final layer of wax or sealant.

Amazon.com: Cobra Gold Plush Microfiber Towel, 16 x 24 inches: Automotive

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the replies!! I will use your suggestions and let you know how it comes out!! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wish I could remember what another forums member had said about what product ford makes for cleaning the radio lens and the gauges. I sit here and think I am still to scared to wipe off my radio lens because of how bad mine scratched in my 10 GT!! Any more help guys on what it might be that ford uses to clean the lens on the gauges and the radio??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts