Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm trying to make a Boss type quad exhaust system. I've got it all planned out and I'm about to order parts, but I'm afraid what I have planned might be too loud. I like loud Mustangs, but I don't want to be running straight headers. So, I'm trying to figure out what the attenuator disc looks like that comes with the 2012 Boss 302.

I'm talking about the little disc that you can remove from the side pipes to make the car louder. I've seen pictures of it on the car, so I have an idea of its outer dimensions, but what I'm interested in are the inner dimensions. Basically, is it a small disc with a single, round hole in it? Or, is it several small holes? Maybe a rectangular slit?

Does ANYONE have any GOOD info on this? Does anyone have a picture of the thing out of the exhaust? I doubt many people will have any insight into this, but I'm just hoping that someone will have an idea. I tried to e-mail Ford hoping I would get someone truly helpful that would forward the e-mail to an engineer or something, but no luck. Thanks.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Sorry that I don't have any solid info, but from what I got watching the Speed TV show about the Boss, I'd say that plate is a 100% block-off, to ensure the car is legal under federal law. The comments about it being 'easily removed' make me think it's solid, and the car's owner can remove it for more noise.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think it's a full block-off because most sources say that the disc allows very little flow, but a good bit of sound. I think it just has a small opening, but I'd like to know for sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts