Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
That is not EGR related, it's the check valve of the thermactor (smog pump) system crossover tube. Plug it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
cut it and plug it.

That is the air pipe coming off your H-Pipe. Get under the car with a hacksaw and cut it off near the h-pipe. If you do not have your own welder go to the local exhaust shop and have them crimp and weld it shut.

Do you have more underhood pics? Do you still have and air pump running? If you do not have to worry about emmisions, I would recommend deleting the whole air pump system, extra weight does nothing for the vehicles performance.

Now when you do that you should eliminate the big dumb EGR also. They sell block off plates for less than $20 bucks and you can buy a plug for the electrical end to keep the check engine light from coming on.

But are you sure that the leak is coming out of that tube? If not the other airtube goes on the back of the heads, if it was removed and the heads are not plugged it could be leaking from there.

Like I said I would just eliminate it all, unless you have emissions.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is the air pipe coming off your H-Pipe. Get under the car with a hacksaw and cut it off near the h-pipe. If you do not have your own welder go to the local exhaust shop and have them crimp and weld it shut.

Do you have more underhood pics? Do you still have and air pump running? If you do not have to worry about emmisions, I would recommend deleting the whole air pump system, extra weight does nothing for the vehicles performance.

Now when you do that you should eliminate the big dumb EGR also. They sell block off plates for less than $20 bucks and you can buy a plug for the electrical end to keep the check engine light from coming on.

But are you sure that the leak is coming out of that tube? If not the other airtube goes on the back of the heads, if it was removed and the heads are not plugged it could be leaking from there.

Like I said I would just eliminate it all, unless you have emissions.

Ya i have emitions but thats no problem i have a buddy that i pay 100 flat and he does it for me with legit papers. it has no cat lac converters anyways.

Ok, If you could let me know where i can get those sensor block off's for no check engine light and that block off plate. and when i first start the car i can put my finer and block off that siler piping and the exhaust leak goes away mostly but their is still one more leak someone around their i thought it was the header gasket. not sure.

And their is not a smog pump the belt by passed it and they took it off the engine.

·
Registered
56 Posts
also remember

Those air pump tubes have a couple of vacuum lines running to them. Make sure you plug them all off. You can eliminate most but make sure you leave one running into the HEAT/AC Controls.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.