Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so Im scouring the nearby area looking for some good PI heads that havnt been scratched gouged decked or that arent effed up in someway Im going to start looking into some you pull it places what else besides the 99-04 has PI heads?

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
How much you looking to spend? I am guessing you are on a budget since you are looking for used heads though.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No limit set yet but Im not willing to go spend 2 grand on trickflow heads and then another grand on cams and intake so again what else has PI heads besides the 99-04 GT

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
As far as I know just the crown vics....you are aware of the two different PI heads right? Romeo or Windsor the main difference is the bolt pattern for the valve covers.

I saw a set of used PI heads on ebay from Fl. for 370 also there was the heads, intake with everything on it including injectors ruel rail plenium....exc. for 500

Check out modularheadshop.com if your not on a budget a set of stage 2 PI heads with some nice cams would be good if you got the money to spend on them.

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
As far as I know just the crown vics....you are aware of the two different PI heads right? Romeo or Windsor the main difference is the bolt pattern for the valve covers.

I saw a set of used PI heads on ebay from Fl. for 370 also there was the heads, intake with everything on it including injectors ruel rail plenium....exc. for 500

Check out modularheadshop.com if your not on a budget a set of stage 2 PI heads with some nice cams would be good if you got the money to spend on them.
This; I'm pretty sure the Crown Vics and Towncars got PI heads starting in 2001.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so after 01 I can look at Towncars and Crown vics and yes I knew about the 2 different valve cover requirements one allows me to reuse covers other i need new ones

·
Registered
804 Posts
We should get a master list of this, and then make it a sticky. I feel like this is very useful information. Heads from a mustang GT go for $300 more because theyre "Mustang" heads. But heads from a crown vic/town car/grand marquis go for cheap because nobody wants them.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We should get a master list of this, and then make it a sticky. I feel like this is very useful information. Heads from a mustang GT go for $300 more because theyre "Mustang" heads. But heads from a crown vic/town car/grand marquis go for cheap because nobody wants them.
I concur but sometimes you dont want the PI heads of the Vic or the mercury because of course the dreaded police interceptor

·
Registered
51 Posts
F150 has pi heads

1 - 9 of 9 Posts