Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I have always loved the Ford Mustang old and new and now seeing the 2005, I am finally ready to own one! I am just wondering if anyone can say exactly which "concepts" are going to be actual production models. So far I have seen 3 different cars:

1 -The 2005 model on Ford.com ( I assume that is happening for sure)
2- The " GT Mustang Concept" shown in Silver with Red interior mainly on AFM's website
3-The convertable version of that #2 in red.

Out of all of them I personally loved #2, the Silver/Red interior Mustang GT Concept, it is shown in a picture with the original mustang in the background and looks similar in a futuristic way. Can anyone offer insite in what is truly to come? Will both of these versions (1 and 2) be available when the 2005 models are released?

·
Registered
110 Posts
The concepts are just that, concepts. The 2005 model that is at Ford.com is to be the production model. As of now they will have the coupe ready in time, the convertable is slated to be introduced later this year. I've read that there are still some weight issues with the 2005 production model. It seems to be a real hog.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
the picture for #1 is the GT model for '05 the bottom stang in the #2 picture is the V6 model. the only exterior differences in the front are the two rally lights in the grill of the GT. I'm not sure if the V6 will have dual exhaust or not. It sure would be sweet if they did.
There will not be any converts for the '05 model year. thats the info so far.

·
Registered
445 Posts
The GT is also different from the V6 in the air dam, the rear valance. And the side skirts are body matched on the GT. I wish Ford would get a clue and body match the side view mirrors as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My guess of what is to come, tell me if it sounds right or not.

I'm assuming that the final production model for 2005 is going to be the one shown on Ford.com and at the LA Auto Show (that would be the #1 picture in the attachment of this thread). I think what will happen is there will be a second body style release in 2006 (which will be the car shown on the top picture of #2) and subsequently the convertible will be released in that body style (picture #3). What do you guys think?

NOTE: The attachment can be found in the first message i have written in this thread; I didn't want to upload it again and take up more space.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm hopeful the concept model trumps the production model. The concepts fog light's on the bottom intergrated into the body looks better than the driving light's in the grill of the current scheduled production model.

What are your thought's

David

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey David,

I know what you mean about the fog lights being on the bottom as opposed to two extra lights on the grill. Honestly, the two grill lights make the Stang look like an older BMW. I suppose some people like it but personally I think I like it without those two extra lights. As far as the bottom fog lights, I think they are going to release a coupe model (Mustang GT) and that will have the body style you are wanting. I too prefer that body style over the standard '05 production to come. I think they will release the one you want not this year but in '05 along with the convertible model which will have the same body. Here's a link for more info...

http://www.ford.com/en/vehicles/autoShows/default.htm?referrer=home&source=em

Scroll down to where it says "All Vehicles" then select "FORD" ... you will get a popup that has all the ford concepts. You'll see both concepts one labeled "Mustang" the other "Mustang GT"

If you don't mind a strictly 2-seater, then wait for the newer GT coupe model that is to come along with its convertible, otherwise you can get a non-GT mustang towards the end of this year without the lights on the grill.

Sahak

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.