Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
If you want your Mustang to sound just like everyone elses, then go ahead and get some Chokemasters. If you want more power and a unique sound, go with Magnaflow, Borla, or Bassani.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I agree with Monkey Boy, But i say magnaflow Magnapacks! IMO

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the 40 series and a MAC offroad h-pipe on my 97 GT and it sounds bad ass. It's loud as hell. It sounds like some of the newer roush's i see driving around.

M

·
0 Posts
I agree. I only went with flowmasters because EVERYONE was doing it. Now with the offroad xpipe it does have a unique sound around my town but still too tingy in normal driving. At idle its nice and WOT its sounds sweet. When i get a new cat back one day its gonna be the slp loudmouth. My sisters bf just got a 99 GT that daddy bought for him with flows and offroad h i assume. My step dad who helps me on my car alot said now that whats it supposed to sound like, referring to the 99. I said yeah if u wanna sound like every other stang. Dont get me wrong it sounds good, but its not unique or doesnt sound more powerful then any other stang with the same set up.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I have flowmasters 40 and bbk o/r xpipe and its sounds good, not at all like all other mustangs, i yet have not heard one around town with my exact exhaust note. close but not same.

·
Banned
2,188 Posts
Does anyone know if all flowmaster mufflers are stamped. As mentioned in my sig, mine are unmarked, but they look and sound alot like flows, which is what I have heard about Pypes. Anyways, the x-pipe is going on as soon as the darn thing arrives, curse mustangtuning. The mod I CAN'T do myself (4.10's) comes the very next day after I order, and the one I CAN do myself takes over a week. :sosad: I wish I had patience!

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
FunkyBoss said:
Anyways, the x-pipe is going on as soon as the darn thing arrives, curse mustangtuning. The mod I CAN'T do myself (4.10's) comes the very next day after I order, and the one I CAN do myself takes over a week. :sosad: I wish I had patience!
Relax young grasshopper, when the time is right, it will happen. Until then, just enjoy what you've got so you can make the distinction between before and after the mods.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Off road H, or Mac Pro Chamber??

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
If you're gonna ditch the cats, go for the Pro Chamber. It sounds absolutely wicked with a good set of mufflers.

·
Banned
2,188 Posts
BlueStreak03 said:
Relax young grasshopper, when the time is right, it will happen. Until then, just enjoy what you've got so you can make the distinction between before and after the mods.
I'm trying, Darn meds aren't working anymore :winks . I'm still getting used to the 4.10's, as I have only had them 2 days now. Thank god the Steeda Tri-ax is coming, never had to shift so quickly! I was thinking of getting one of those G-Tech's to measure what mods do what, just not sure if its worth it. For now I will just have to rely on the old SOTP meter.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
mbscowboy said:
I have a 98 GT im thinking 40 series.
-- replace the mid-pipe at same time if can do both; if can do only one replace the mid-pipe. Save some money and upgrade to the PI intake.

·
Banned
918 Posts
o/r x and magnaflows sound great!!

I am getting an o/r x to replace my o/r h

·
Banned
2,188 Posts
I thought about getting the Magnaflows, but I'm gonna see how good it sounds with the flowmasters first. BTW, the x-pipe finally came yesterday, along with the Steeda Tri-Ax. I put the shifter in last night and I love it, along with the gear, it feels like I have a new car. I used the gaskets that Mustangtuning sells for the install and I have absolutely no transmission noise, as if its still stock.

Anyways, the x-pipe is going in tonight if its not too cold, and the Predator is due to be delivered today (perfect timing). I know everyone says to do your mods slowely, but I can't. As I've stated before, I have very little patience. Plus I made some cash on the side, and if I don't spend it quick, my wife will.

·
Registered
364 Posts
40 series Flowmasters sound GREAT on our 4.6s. Sure a lot of people have them, but well... that's because they sound good and the price is right.

Flows are good if you want the classic muscle car sound. Magnaflows are Muscle sounding too. Go with Bassanni, Borla, etc., if you want a more exotic sound. Lots of people like MACs too, but while they're loud, I just don't like their tone.

And I'm gonna go out on limb here and probably rile up all the people, but: Buy the exhaust you like the sound of. Don't worry about the HP numbers -- by and large your talking about a difference of about 5 HP between brands.

I bought Flowmaster because I wanted Classic Muscle sound and also because I got a good deal. I would've gone with Magnaflows, but the price was significantly more.

·
Registered
126 Posts
A good mid pipe will add more horses than most catback kits. I went with a short BBK x-pipe w/ cats to remain emissions legal. Also the :worshipMagnaflow Magnapacks kit is more expensive because it is made with SS pipes so it will last longer. Remember to choose what you want not what everybody tells you. I was tired of Flows but they are a great muffler for the price.

·
Banned
918 Posts
I had flows on my old GT, Cobra and this cobra. I just got tired of the same sound and went with Magnaflows and like the sound with the o/r H. I am looking for a new sound again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.