Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 78 302 and it was a manual, but now has an automatic in it, i want to put a 4 speed back in it. Will the flywheels on the newer 302 motor fit on it? Are there any 302 flywheels that wont fit on the crank? im not used to working with the MII's, I usually deal with foxes

·
Registered
60 Posts
If I am correct in my thinking (if I am not please correct me) I think that you must have a flywheel from a II as they are smaller then typical fly wheels and require a II specific bell housing to. I hope that helps:headscratch:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is the II block different from the other windsor blocks? Is it a windsor block, i thought it was and had the same bellhousing as my 351 windsor and my other 302's

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
somebody correct me, i have no knowledge on these II's except what i have discovered in the last two days

·
Registered
60 Posts
the blocks are the same but the bell housing is alot smaller due to the compact size of the II. You can fit a different bellhousing in it, it would just require at the very least a sledge to "massage" the tunnel some and at most modify it. It might be easier just to round up a bellhousing for it.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh ok i see, i should have known, i never have anything to work on that i dont have to rig to get to work. Is there another car that has the same bell housing that i could steel from the junk yard?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts