Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys i have a 98 cobra with an 01 cobra motor currently in it ,mods are bbk longtubes offroad x, magnaflows ,80mm mass ,jlt cai ,and 3.73 but i have a set of 4.30s im wanting to put in.My question is is this to much gear?or is this good for a n/a set up ,not wanting to supercharge.Also its not a daily driver but more of a weekend car.....What do you guys think

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
dont fear the gear, the 4v mod motors love to rev. i have 4.10s in mine and at 80 mph on 5th im doing 3k rpms, with 4.30s its not gonna be to much higher. i actualy want to go with 4.30s if i keep my car n/a.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah i talked to several different shops and they told me the difference between the 4.10 and 4.30 is minimal and i would get more bang for my buck going 4.30 since im staying n/a

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
then id go with the 4.30s and not look back. itll be a whole different animal after the install.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i hope so ive stalling on the install just to see if i could find out more ,would you swap cams to get the most out of it?thanks for the help

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
That is too much gear.
4.10 is as high as I would go and I think that is too much.
Wrong answer! 4.30's or even 4.56's are the preferred choice for a N/A 4V! Do the switch!

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
You know how many miles are on those 3.73's???

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
i hope so ive stalling on the install just to see if i could find out more ,would you swap cams to get the most out of it?thanks for the help
i rather supercharge mine before i put cams in it. if i decided to keep it n/a, id take the heads off get them ported, id take the intake manifold off and get it ported and have them make the runners shorter, put stage 2 cams in it and 4.30s. run 11s or faster n/a with the right suspension setup.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow thats alot of help fellas didnt think to many people would respond.Well the 3.73s have about 46k on them that was the last mod i did, i see some people are big fans of 4.30s cant wait to put them on and have me a nice srt8 killer or ss lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts