Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a nice post here about installing the PIE AUX device FRD04-AUX for your 2005/2006 Mustangs.

It had nice pictures and a detailed explanation.

It was titled "Idiot's Guide to Ipod AUX"

It used to be here:
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52960

What happened to it?

Somebody put a lot of time and thought into it and now it's gone :sosad:

Did the forums lose some posts recently??

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thanks for the plug! I did put an awful lot of time into it... A number of people have e-mailed me asking for it and asked what happened... I didn't think I put anything against the rules in there (at least intentionally), so I hope it wasn't deleted for some kind of infraction on my part. I've e-mailed the webmaser a few times about it but haven't gotten a reply, perhaps he's really busy and gets too many messages to wade through.
I'd be happy to repost here if folks want to... I just didn't want to repost it if either there was something wrong with my post or it was in the process of being reposted due to accidental deletion.
There was some nice suggestions in the thread, I'm sad it dissappeared!
Hopefully someone will let me know what to do.
Joe

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I doubt the mods would delete it without telling you why.

It must have been unintentional like a database corruption or something like that.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yeah, I was one of the first to use it to install mine, and am eternally grateful to Albireo for posting it.
I did notice a few things I'd been meaning to ask, though. My Shaker 500 speakers seem mildly distorted in recent weeks. I do play the raio pretty loud, but not at levels I'd consider "speaker-blowing". Have you noticed any difference in quality since the intial install?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Also, I say repost that sucker! If there was something wrong in posting it in the first place they should have told you. Your reposting it after they failed to explain why shouldn't get you in any trouble. I just hope you saved it on your pc!

You did, right?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
repost in a new thread and I will sticky it for the forum.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I get email requests for this all the time! It would be great to put it as a sticky... My fingers get tired replying... :) Turns out that there are a LOT more "mechanically challenged" people like me than I expected who need some kind of guide - I'm glad I took the time to do the project.
I created a web page that has all the pictures on it to make the whole thing easier.
I'll make a thread today.

Here's a link:

http://www.jtephoto.com/mustang/idiots_guide/Idiots.htm

Thanks!

Joe

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does the frd04-aux remove the ability to use the 6 disc changer for the shaker 500 system. I have an 05 mustang with the shaker 500 and want the ability to hook up my xm through the aux input without losing the 6 disc changer .
Thank you for any help

·
Registered
138 Posts
No, it sure doesn't! It has no effect on the CD player at all. I use both all the time.

Joe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.