Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realled liked the moss green metalic ..I have no idea what it was called but it was a soft green vs the bullit...was it only on the '06 ?

Can you cruise Ford inventories to see if there is a new one sitting somewhere ?

Is it worth buying the '08 or go '09 ? Will prices be much different and I am seening them in pics ?

Thanks
Ian.

M

·
0 Posts
Ian - I believe the color you like so much is Legend Lime... It's a stunning color - I dig it!! Take a look and see if you find any, I personally do not know if it was discontinued... edit: seems it was replaced with highland green (darker)

Search dealer inventory

·
Registered
343 Posts
it is indeed legend lime... ford brought it back when they started the new S197 body style. it was one of the first colors of mustangs. also brought back was the windveile blue metallic. and i believe this legend lime was only offered on '05-'06 S197s.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the search engine was for 08 only :(

Legend lime...this is the colour..on '05s only...I guess I will not be able to find a new one :(

Thanks all.

Ian.

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
Yeah the Legend Lime. I like that color. Just kind of looks mellow.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
The 1st S197 I saw was legend lime.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I was going to get that color when I bought my 07 brand new in january of 07 but was told it was no longer offered so I went with another classic grabber orange iwish they would stop makeing grabber orange so our grabber cars would be more rare. I know its not offered in the california special anymore but they still have it in the v6 and gt. I cant wait for the new mustangs to come out in 2010 Im hearing grabber blue will be a color. If that is true I will probably buy another stang like maybe 2011 or 2012 after I pay my current one off but Iwill never get rid of my grabber orange.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
My last GT was Legend Lime.I really miss that car.(but my Grabber is here to stay :shiny:)

Attachments

·
Registered
463 Posts
the search engine was for 08 only :(

Legend lime...this is the colour..on '05s only...I guess I will not be able to find a new one :(

Thanks all.

Ian.
Ian this color was available on the 05 and 06. Seems they had enough orders for them to carry the color over another year run (and I'm glad they did).

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Hey pocco why did you get rid of your legend lime green that was a sharp car.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Did somebody call ??????????
Yes the Legend Lime was offered in '05 and '06. It seemed to be a love it or hate it color. I was first only interested in the Redfire color until I saw the Lime on a lot. We were sold. We bought our's in '05 and that was shortly before the demand went crazy. I was even able to use my 'X' plan discount. Shortly after...the dealers were saying NO to Xplan sales and were jacking up the cars $5,000 -$10,000 over invoice. It was crazy. For a time, the cars were scarce and the Lime color was so original that when driving, people were always stopping me and complimenting the car. The only thing close was the VW Beetle with their Kiwi color.
Now this color is on a lot of vehicles, well not exact but enough to make mine blend in. Ford Focus has Kiwi. Pontiac has it on a few etc.
I do see the Legend Lime's on lots time to time. You will not likely find one with zero miles. I would check places like CarMax who specialize in Used Car sales and have a network and dealer locator.
Also Ebay should have something.

·
Registered
98 Posts
There were 13,864 LL's produced in the 2 year run. There should be plenty of low mileage pit wolfys' out there. I found my GT with only 6000 miles on her and paid lower than kelley blue book trade in price!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Mom's 65 was the green. I think it was called Honey Gold back then. I never cared for the color and after I had my first wreck (in her car) I hated it. When I saw my first LL color I just kinda went "yak".

·
Registered
102 Posts
LEGEND LIME BABY!!!

I think it is an awesome color, but as people say...you either love it or you hate it. :gringreen

·
Registered
454 Posts
Hopefully I will be able to take some pictures of an 05 Legend Lime and an 08 Highland Green side by side pretty soon. Got a call from the dealer on Friday and he says "Any day now". I don't know when any day now is on the calendar but I'm trying to be patient. The two greens should make for some decent pics though.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Legend Lime is a beauty. I hope they do something similar in color on the redesign.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Now just because they aren't building mustangs that color anymore doesn't mean they aren't making the paint right?? Like if I "theoretically" put a dent in my bumper I could still get it repainted right? *crossing fingers with cringe*

Poco, what springs did you have on that LL?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
They still have that color code on the books.I just saw a LL GT at the body shop getting a front fender replacement,color match was perfect.They used PPG paints.

I used the FRPP handling pack on that LL 06'GT.Very firm and handled great.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.