Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last forum I participated in had a thread called "What have to done to your car today?" People talked about just what the title implies. Everything from a good wax job to major mods. It was an ongoing thread and, by the time I joined that forum, it was several years old and covered dozens of pages. I see a lot of threads here that could fall under that general heading. I think the Mustang forum should have something like that.
Anyone else?

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Last Friday I treated mine to a wax job and got in some karate practice in the process. :grin:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Technically, nothing today. Last week, I installed Steeda Charge Motion Delete Plates and a Ford Racing GT500 Throttle Body. I did some 2010 OE Style Black Wheels 3 weeks ago. Now I am just waiting to install an SLP Line Lock Kit and put my Nitto 305/40 R18 on the car and light'em up.

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
Took mine out for a drive earlier this week. She has been sleeping in the garage since November. Next on the agenda will be an oil change and a good wash and wax.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tuesday I installed a set of factory -style alloy pedals plus a matching dead pedal I got on sale from LMR. The gas and brake pedals were pretty easy. Because the reviews said the 3M tape on the gas pedal was a bit weak I also used epoxy. The dead pedal was a bit more involved. Had to pull the door sill trim, then the kick panel as well as pull up the carpet so I could access a 13 mm bolt to mount the d/p to.
Anyway, it looks great and the d/p makes it more comfortable as well.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Gonna grease the LCAs tomorrow.
Also mash the gas pedal at least once or twice a day.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Mine is just sitting in the garage...BUUUT I have these waiting to go in!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Snow mostly gone here now and streets are mostly dry, so got the stang out last night for first test drive after installing an Exedy Mach 500 clutch, flywheel and SR Performance Braided Stainless Clutch Line.

All went really well. Clutch was quiet, very precise and buttery smooth, . Going to drive the prescribed 500 miles though before hitting it real hard .

·
Registered
478 Posts
A nice hand wash... It's the car equivalent to a back massage.:wink:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Installed new napa chassis parts ball joint $100. Each guaranteed for life to replace those that where on my new frpp LCA that I bought last year that only lasted 15K km.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
this week mon/tue drove her to work wed she has been sleeping in the driveway due to the snow storm we had here

Hopfuly I'll get to drive her and clean her up next week (IF it doesn't snow here again)

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
drove the stang to work only to have a 5.0 want to run, she held for a few but the 5.0 pulled away (I had to turn). add supercharger, forged rods and pistons to build list. GDI! it never ends but it sure as hell is fun.

·
Administrator
13,264 Posts
This thread is a good idea. A lot of car/truck/bike sites have similar threads. I`ll insert just one word in the thread title if the OP does not mind, & that word is "with". That will encompass pretty much every interaction you could have with your car. I`ll also make it a sticky.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I'm waiting till Tuesday to give her a nice wash and shoot a youtube vid of her before I do my pi intake swap

·
Registered
300 Posts
Whitewalls

I cleaned the whitewall tires on my Falcon.

SkyTrak tire.jpg

·
Registered
64 Posts
I ended up swapping out my factory H pipe on my 02 GT for a UPR O/R X pipe. That was pretty fun and it definitely was worth the 160 and day or so I took to drop it in (I am a total noob when it comes to working on my car - every project is a first for me) and I am happy with the results.

Next is a SLP loudmouth cat back :D

·
Registered
124 Posts
New Exhaust

It was last Thursday but I got my Cat Back Exhaust installed. I could not be happier. I went with the Borla S type Cat Back system. Its perfect I was smiling all the way home. It brings the car to life best Mod so far.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, after winning the American Picker of the Month Award by means of purchasing a 1 Owner 35th Anniversary(not limited lol) Mustang Gt Convert for $1800.00. Today I made the very first mod ever to the car with the install of a new Cat Back exhaust system. I did drive it around with just cats and str8 pipes for a day and it actually sounded mean as hell. Maybe if I was 20yrs younger, maybe. Next on checklist is 3.73 gear swap along with aluminum drive shaft.

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 44 Posts