Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new to the supercharged 5.0 just got 1 the other day seems to be leaking water around the heads it has loc wire headgaskets on it an the guy didnt have a groove machined for em so im assuming thats the problem...i been looking at cometics head gaskets but im totaly lost on what thickness to get an all that because jegs has like 50 different 1s to choose from..any 1 help me out on this?

heres my details

xxx block .30 over
NO A/C has a bypass pulley.
Vortech v-1 t-trim on 12lb pulley,
8 rib belt,
306 all forged
forged icon pistons,
forged scat rods,
ford racing crank,
clevitte h coated race bearings,
arp main cap studs,
arp rod bolts,
clip style pin in pistons non pressed,
speed pro steel rings,
procomp aluminum heads, 2.02 1.94 valves 59cc chambers,
arp head bolts,
custom ground cam for supercharger,
double roller timing chain,
trick flow push rods,
scorpion 1.6 roller rockers,
arp adjustable rocker studs,
trick flow upper and lower intake with arp intake bolts top to bottom,
75mm trick flow throttle body,
42lb ford racing injectors,
areomotive fuel pressure regulator,
moroso 4" valve covers for taller rockers,
fluidine aluminum racing radiator,
bbk long tube headers, with bbk o/r x pipe,
ford racing 9mm wires,
msd ignition with 6al rev box,

dynoed at 475hp 450lb torque

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
If you're looking at Cometic, it's the Phuzion gasket you want.

And how did he use a Loc Wire gasket... without machining a groove? No wonder it's leaking. It's the Phuzion that you don't have to machine a groove in anything.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow..thanks for the fast response ...what about thickness an all that,an i wont something thats gna hold 500 hp

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
It depends on your compression. Too thin can raise compression, and the thicker it is the more it'll lower the compression.

That said, the 59cc chambers you have got my attention... but without knowing details about your pistons (flat top, dish, how many cc dish), I'd say go with the .051.

·
Banned
7,170 Posts
you also need to know how much deck clearence you have. that plays an important part your head gasket thickness. you don't want too much quench. :nono:

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Also with a stock block I wouldn't be pushing it too much more and keep it on the safe side.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im goin out now to finish tearing the motor down ill have it to bare heads in couple hrs will inform yal what the problem was...thanks hopeing its just head gasket problem :nervous

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
You said you had an xxx block which is a stock roller block correct? Is your block a stock production block?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i guess so its 30 over....any ways i got 1 head off an it defently has locwire headgaskets an there is no groove in the head for em unless its so fine u cant feel it?..

·
Banned
7,170 Posts
o.k. locwire? all head gaskets have a fire ring around the cylinder. they do not need a receiver grove. what kind/brand head gaskets is it? should be a part # on them. normally if the block or heads is O-RINGED, it will need the O-RINGS of course and also copper head gaskets.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
there felpro loc wires they require machining on the heads it says on the head gasket itself... thats got to be my leaking problem

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I would put in head studs while you have the heads off so you can torque the heads down to 85 ft/lbs, that should help the gaskets seal a bit better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts