Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 67 Cougar and am doing an EFI swap from a 90 Mustang and I need to know what headers anyones used in the swapping process. All the forums I searched where people have performed them they just list "headman headers, MAC headers, etc...", but no p/n.
From what I gathered, on the drivers side exhaust, it needs to clear the steering shaft as well as the cable clutch. I found JBA-1655 headers online and wanted to know if anyone has used them or has anyone found a better fitting header? Any info would be great!

·
0 Posts
Hello;

exactly what heads are you running.

if they are not gt40 p heads just buy regular 70 mustang cougar headerssince there is no clutch linkage for them to clear.

hooker super comps are popular.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hello
if i remember right the 1655 are for 351? i think you want #1650 or another option is the HiPo manifolds, these are what is went with no issues
i have a T5 with clutch cable and everything cleard fine

Chris :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have a 67 Cougar and am doing an EFI swap from a 90 Mustang and I need to know what headers anyones used in the swapping process. All the forums I searched where people have performed them they just list "headman headers, MAC headers, etc...", but no p/n.
From what I gathered, on the drivers side exhaust, it needs to clear the steering shaft as well as the cable clutch. I found JBA-1655 headers online and wanted to know if anyone has used them or has anyone found a better fitting header? Any info would be great!

The correct JBA header for the application you are searching for is 1650S or 1650SJS for the ceramic coated headers for the 260-302 applications. 1653/1655 are for 351W only.

1650S
http://images.pertronix.com/Exhaust%20Products/JBA%20Exhaust/1650S.jpg
1650SJS
http://images.pertronix.com/Exhaust Products/JBA Exhaust/1650SJS.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts