Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
914 Posts
Obviously your holiday was much more fun than mine! :worship

Now for the BILLION questions :winks well - just 5 actually.

did you install it yourself?

Whose intake is that?

Did you use the Steeda computer flash?

How noisy is it?

And how long will you be smiling like the Cheshire cat?!?!?! :eyepoppin

Nice job!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts
Sweet!! I'm comin to your house next year! I like saleen much better than turkey!:laughlitt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got it from JDM. It has a JDM tune with the 3.8 pulley (6 lbs), 39 lbs injectors, 90 mm MAF w/harness and JDM air box.


What little I've played I like. Had about 3/4 tank of 89 so I'll be gentle, somewhat, till it's out. Going to monitor functions in the mean time and insure a/f looks good. Then off to the dyno and then let the ass wuppin' begin.

Installed myself. Took 2 days of BSin' and working. No real hurry.

Has a nice whine to it. I've heard alternator bearings making more noise. You can hear it up to about 3K, than just the air sucking in.

I smile everytime I drive it. Before and now.

I got laid too. So overall it was a good weekend.:strut
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
914 Posts
There are so many places I could go with what you said. :winks

Thanks for the answers my friend - I may have to give into my ecil side and go for it! :happyhapp

Need I say enjoy it?!!? :drool:

redbullet said:
I got it from JDM. It has a JDM tune with the 3.8 pulley (6 lbs), 39 lbs injectors, 90 mm MAF w/harness and JDM air box.


What little I've played I like. Had about 3/4 tank of 89 so I'll be gentle, somewhat, till it's out. Going to monitor functions in the mean time and insure a/f looks good. Then off to the dyno and then let the ass wuppin' begin.

Installed myself. Took 2 days of BSin' and working. No real hurry.

Has a nice whine to it. I've heard alternator bearings making more noise. You can hear it up to about 3K, than just the air sucking in.

I smile everytime I drive it. Before and now.

I got laid too. So overall it was a good weekend.:strut
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
897 Posts
Congrats,

The guys at JDM Engineering are awesome. I met them and about 20 of their customers at the Fun Ford Weekend in NH. last summer. They'll be getting my business when it's time to S/C. I'm still waiting to see the Kenne Bell in action.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thump_rrr said:
Congrats,

The guys at JDM Engineering are awesome. I met them and about 20 of their customers at the Fun Ford Weekend in NH. last summer. They'll be getting my business when it's time to S/C. I'm still waiting to see the Kenne Bell in action.
I liked the compactness of the Saleen.

JDM was good right up to purchasing the unit. Since then their service has been suspect. I am expecting a call from them today. Jim the 3rd seems nice enough, I think they need more organizational skills. The problems have been time/shipping issues and not following up in a reasonable time period, or not calling back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
897 Posts
The big PRI (Performance Racing Industry) show is this week in Florida. They may be pretty busy with that.

What I like about the Saleen is the way they increased the runner length by turning it upsidedown. The great thing about the Kenne Bell is the Boost-A-Pump. Maybe I'll try to marry the 2 together.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
622 Posts
:worship
redbullet said:
So far so good. No CEL
:worship

ohhhhh <grunt grunt> :drool:

just one Q... does the hood insulation have to come out?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nonsensez9 said:
:worship :worship

ohhhhh <grunt grunt> :drool:

just one Q... does the hood insulation have to come out?
Not to clear the SC. I thought the heat shield for the CAI was rubbing on insulator and holding up that corner of the hood but now think it was the bump stop.

I had noticed that the corner was low so I had turned it half a turn. Turned it back down a 1/4 turn and it's good. I'll reinstall the insulator and check again.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top