Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got it from JDM. It has a JDM tune with the 3.8 pulley (6 lbs), 39 lbs injectors, 90 mm MAF w/harness and JDM air box.

What little I've played I like. Had about 3/4 tank of 89 so I'll be gentle, somewhat, till it's out. Going to monitor functions in the mean time and insure a/f looks good. Then off to the dyno and then let the ass wuppin' begin.

Installed myself. Took 2 days of BSin' and working. No real hurry.

Has a nice whine to it. I've heard alternator bearings making more noise. You can hear it up to about 3K, than just the air sucking in.

I smile everytime I drive it. Before and now.

I got laid too. So overall it was a good weekend.:strut

· Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thump_rrr said:
Congrats,

The guys at JDM Engineering are awesome. I met them and about 20 of their customers at the Fun Ford Weekend in NH. last summer. They'll be getting my business when it's time to S/C. I'm still waiting to see the Kenne Bell in action.
I liked the compactness of the Saleen.

JDM was good right up to purchasing the unit. Since then their service has been suspect. I am expecting a call from them today. Jim the 3rd seems nice enough, I think they need more organizational skills. The problems have been time/shipping issues and not following up in a reasonable time period, or not calling back.

· Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nonsensez9 said:
:worship :worship

ohhhhh <grunt grunt> :drool:

just one Q... does the hood insulation have to come out?
Not to clear the SC. I thought the heat shield for the CAI was rubbing on insulator and holding up that corner of the hood but now think it was the bump stop.

I had noticed that the corner was low so I had turned it half a turn. Turned it back down a 1/4 turn and it's good. I'll reinstall the insulator and check again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.