Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3/2/2011
rough shifting 2nd gear lockout occurs when downshifting and upon acceleration 2nd gear clunks and occasional grind and 3rd has occasional grind and lockout.
This was verified by dahl service advisor Josh Elmore
Work order states: Ssm 21661 states engineering is working on a fix. Do not proceed for now.
4/11/2011-4/29/2011
rough shifting 2nd gear lockout occurs when downshifting and upon acceleration 2nd gear clunks and occasional grind and 3rd has occasional grind and lockout.
Whine coming from transmission louder than normal
Whine was verified by dahl service advisor Josh Elmore
Work order states: Found tsb 11-3-18 drain and filled fluid to proper level and tested no longer slipped out of gear
Work order states: hooked up chassis ears and found noise to be coming from the rear of the transmission. Removed trans from vehicle and tore down. Inspection found the bearings in the rear of the trans had worn and were the cause of the noise. replaced and reassembled trans filled with fluid. Tested. Noise no longer heard.
Picked the car up late afternoon and noticed noise was still there later that night
Called dealer 5/2/2011 made an apt for 5/3/2011
5/3/2011
Transmission still had whine to it and again confirmed by service advisor josh elmore
5/5/2011 called ford customer service and requested new transmission be put in the car
5/6/2011 called by dahl a new transmission was approved
5/13/2011 received car back and was informed by service rep manager kim to call on mon. (5/16/2011)
5/15/2011 notice car has grind and gear noise in 1st and 2nd
5/16 noise confirmed by josh elmore and 1st two attempted calls to kim
5/19 no calls from kim picked up or returned called for customer service and was told I would receive a call from a manager early morning Friday 5/20/2011
5/20 no call until 2pm and was call from ford legal dept. was told she would call back that day to set up an apt for an engineer to see the car left no available contact number
No call received until 5/24/2011
5/24/2011 received call from ford legal scheduled apt for 5/25/11 and told rep that I planned to drop the car off 5/24/11 before 2pm and was informed she would call the dealer and set it up and that the engineer would be there around 8am after feting to the dealer about an hr after the call no one at the dealer had been informed and the engineer called the dealer and confirmed he had just been notified of the situation and would not be available until later in the morning
And still no way of getting in touch with this rep
5/25/11
Received call from ford legal rep at 7:30 am saying that I had no reason to be there while an engineer was there
6/4/11
Picked up car and was not even out of dealer parking when 1st gear made same noises as previously stated this time from around 2500 rpm….third transmission and problem still clear
was test driven by the engineer before i was able to pick the car up

6/6/11
Calls made to ford customer service to attempt to contact ford legal service two representatives refused to give any sort of contact based on an attorney being hired

so as you can see ive had a lot of fun with this mess and at this point am now waiting for my lawyer to call me back and proceed from there

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ummm.. can you say Lemon Law?

Look up what constitutes a "Lemon" in your state. You may find the process is a lot easier than one might think. It's not a fast process, but it does work.

I had to do that myself, and I never even had to hire a lawyer.

They've made 3 attempts now, right?

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
well bro it took a class action lawsuit for Ford to "pony" up a recall in 1999 for the lack of hp in those cars...sounds like that may be in the works for the right lawyer if you feel so inclined
And hey Ford, you can't get away with this BS in the day of social media...it topples dictators, it will easily topple a company.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Seriously, for someone who documents everything and has no problem ensuring that everyone else knows what you've been through, it sure seems like you have no clue on how to resolve your own issue. You should have filed lemon law already and had a hearing with an arbitrator. Go online and look it up and get the process started already...You'll be done with this process in 1-2 months and be out of your car.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
It sounds like an alignment problem form this case and others I've read. If someone could come up with a fix they could be very wealthy very quick.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Oh man.... sorry to hear.

I fear that this is going to be my experience in the end as well... was supposed to have a new clutch, pp bolts etc done well over a week ago and parts are 'still on order'...

I wish you and us all luck with this problem.

·
Registered
588 Posts
So what is the point of this thread? Let off some steam? Not trying to hate.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
point is to let others know what they are up against and i know i am eligible for lemon law but the problem is can know longer reach anyone at ford and in ia. they do not have a certified program which means this all now has to go through my lawyer

·
Registered
93 Posts
worrgp,

Didn't you get a lemon law book with your documents when you signed for your car? I'm quite sure you did. Have you opened that up to read about your rights? Maybe you have, I don't know. I'm just trying to to help.

Please do this before you spend money on a lawyer. The lawyer should be reserved for when you have no other recourse to take.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I'm in the process for the lemon law myself. Filed 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I went through it with My 06 Maxima and this is what I did: I called the better business beaura and they set everything up with arbitrator. He came, the Nissian people lied saying I had not given them a chance to fix the car of course I had documentation to prove that they were lying. The arbitrator asked if I would give them one more chance I agreed. Got the car back drove it to Alabama and it did the very same thing. Called arbitrator went for a test drive and Nissian bought the car back for the purchase price. During the arbitration I kept a cool head, had all my documentation took some time but I came out really well because I had traded an 04 Maxima that I was upside down on the payment. I bought a new Lexus. I live in Tennesee your state may have different laws but thats what I did.

·
0 Posts
Im glad I'm holding off. Thought about saving up for a new 5.0 next summer, and auto though but if FORDS handeling warranty work this way no way I want to take the chance of something going wrong and getting screwed by Ford. I might just look into an SS then. The few problems Camaro did have Chevy fixed them for their customers!

·
Registered
288 Posts
point is to let others know what they are up against and i know i am eligible for lemon law but the problem is can know longer reach anyone at ford and in ia. they do not have a certified program which means this all now has to go through my lawyer
You do not have to reach anyone at Ford in order to file for lemon law. You also do not have to go through a lawyer to file for lemon law. All you have to do is open the lemon law book and follow the directions. Do it. If you don't, you are wasting your time and money following a course of action where you stand to lose quite a bit as opposed to filing lemon law and having the opportunity to get out of your car free and clear.

Do your research and follow the proepr course of action. If you choose not to, then you can't blame anyone but yourself.

Trust card #7: Get Better.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
There are plenty of lemon law attorneys who will handle this at no cost to you. They get paid as part of the negotiations with Ford. It's relatively painless, but the process is never as simple as some assume it to be. It will take time.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have filed Lemon law twice, and twice forced the manufacturer to buy back my vehicles. It IS that easy as long as you read the book and follow the directions. Failure to read the lemon law book is a choice, and that choice is called ignorance. :smartass:

·
Registered
269 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im actually going through the bbb as of today but I also have free legal services as part of my job that's why I called a lawyer

·
0 Posts
That begs the question why is Ford jerking people around with the Mustang. It's not just Jmatero, but others are having the same problem with Ford refusing to cover it.

Why is Ford doing this?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
That begs the question why is Ford jerking people around with the Mustang. It's not just Jmatero, but others are having the same problem with Ford refusing to cover it.

Why is Ford doing this?
Because they don't have a fix. I don't think they would let their icon car get all this bad publicity if they had a fix that would make owners happy. 2012's are rolling off the assembly line with problems from day one and Ford has decided to play the numbers game in hopes that good will outnumber bad. It's probably become a money thing where their bean counters have advised it's a better financial decision to close their eyes of the problems and let owners twist in the wind than invest millions in re-designing the MT82.

·
Banned
2,000 Posts

Why is Ford doing this?
The reality is these cars are not lemons. A lemon is an anomaly... which happens with any mass-produced product. We're hearing more and more and more and more of the same exact cases here... Multiple transmission repairs/replacements, doesn't fix the problem... Ford cuts you off...

Who runs a business this way in this day and age?

I'm sorry you had to join the club here... You're not alone. Hopefully the Good Morning America story on this will pressure Ford to start behaving in ways that honor their supposed values: Quality and Customer Safety.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.