Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out this video. Another person from another site found it. I kid you not, one car (a gremlin?!) wheelie's so much the car actually leaves the ground, as in takes off, yeah, like a plane!!

http://media.putfile.com/wheeliecomp

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
those cars are actually set up with ridiculous gearing to make them do that, they are called wheelie cars for a reason :happyhapp

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
It would be sooo sweet to do a wheelie! I'd be happy with a foot or so. You would think some of those guys would have bars to keep from wrecking the rear of the car.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lcurle said:
those cars are actually set up with ridiculous gearing to make them do that, they are called wheelie cars for a reason :happyhapp
No, they were real race cars competing in a wheelie contest, next year's prize is 25k.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I remember back in the days me & my brother always kicked it infront of my dads house. I have my 90 454SS & 70 Pontiac Lemans park infront, and a bunch of guys use this street to drag race since its a long straight away, a little bit over a 1/4 mile....... 69Camaro, 70 Chevelle, 65 Chevelle, all of em popping wheelie's..... The 70 Chevelle would pop a wheelie on 1st and then 2nd :eyepoppin the Camaro gets it up so high, me & my brother run for cover and the 65 Chevelle is just insane, he would run that whole stretch in a blink of an eye.... Scary :worship There's also a Chevy luv V8, Nissan 280z with a Chevy motor and a bunch of other cars... Eventually, neighbors start complaining & cops start show'n up.
Those guys use to pull up on me & ask me if I want to run em, I always say NO THANKS.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Gremlins were no joke. Some had 390s in 'em in Topeka. They originally has a 4.2 I6 or a 305 v8 if I remember, but the 390 AMC engine would bolt right in.

They're pretty lightweight, with a short wheelbase.

I've seen Gremlin owners finance their drag race careers from street racing those suckers.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
There was one in Topeka I wouldn't mess with. The embarrasment would have been too much. In my 68, I only lost 3 races, and I wasn't going to lose to a Gremlin. That guy was a giant killer fer-sure.

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
Great vid, those guys gotta have have some ba!!s, whether the car is capable or not, just ask the guy who flipped :worship !

·
Registered
23 Posts
lcurle said:
what kinda ratios are we talkin bout? thats some insane stuff in that vid...talk about an adrenaline rush!

·
Registered
861 Posts
And I want to go "wheels up"...

I was reading a Car Craft magazine that pictured an old hot Rod completely riding on it's Tail End, no wheels on the ground. This thing was perpendicular to the ground!

It mentioned that the Driver's goal was to do a complete flip with his vehicle. CRAZY!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.