Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im getting ready to install(well here in the next month hopfully)..a turbo kit....the thing is...i dont know how big of injectors to get...someone said 30lb injectors will work...im only gonna be pushing 8 psi of boost....so will 30lb injectors work?....and also..will i need to get a bigger maf sensor as well...i have the factory one on there...well id appreaciate any help

Thanks!

·
Registered
107 Posts
30's will probably do, I would go with 36 or 39's, but you will have to get your Maf calibrated to your new injectors,

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
36 or 42 and you should still be able to use the same fuel pump. well your stock maf pegs at 330whp and your stock maf is calibrated to stock injector size. my suggestion would be get a lightning 90mm maf meter and get a tune with it calibrated to your a/f ratio and 42/36 lb injectors the last thing you would want to do is lean your system out id get bigger than 30 for sure.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I got 39's on mine that came witht he kit. So id go with at least those, or maybe 42's.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
What BHP do you expect to be pushing? Also, what fuel pressure at the fuel rail. For example, if you expect 400 BHP and 37 PSI fuel with a .7 duty cycle, it would call for a 34 lb injector.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so at least 36 lb injectors?...And as for the horsepower the kit is supposed to put me up to almost 400...and also how do i re-calibrate my maf sensor in order for it to work right with the new injectors...I plan on buying the diablosport predator tuner, or the SCT X-cal II programmer...will one of these re-calibrate the maf sensor, or will i have to take it to a tunin shop and have it done proffesional?..
Thanks again for your help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.