Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back, I bought a junk 1965 Mustang deciding to fix it up and make it my daily driver. I've left no detail untouched and with a new engine, transmission, interior and paint, I'm a day or so away from starting it up! I was told Grundy car insurance was a good company to use for a daily driver. I asked for a quote and they replied telling me that they will not insure me because I'm under 25 years old. (I'm 22). Where should I go to find sutible car insurance for my classic daily driver? As always Thanks

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Haggerty Insurance Co. is much better, then Grundy Insurance Co. they have too many loop holes. I have my BOSS with Haggerty, and their very reasonable and it's insured for over $100,000.00 along with my youngest son's 67 Corvette Roadster, and my neighbor's 67 Corvette Roadster Top Flight Award winner. He was the one that convinced us, he had Grundy Insurance for 3 months then switched to Haggerty. I would go through Haggerty, you can probably go through your daily drivers Insurance Company, I know we did and there were no problems what so ever, Mike. SCT Tuner.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'm not sure if Haggerty will insure a daily driver. When I contacted them they have don't have set mileage restrictutions but they expect that it will only be a weekend car. In addtion they have a garage requirement. The car must be kept in a locked garage at all times when not being driven.

·
Registered
204 Posts
i recently went through this after I finished my '67 coupe to be a true daily driver. None of the well-known classic car insurers have policies that will let you drive the car to work, normal errands, etc, etc. I ended up right back with my "normal" insurance (Allstate). My agent is very good, and all I needed was a professional appraisal to set a "stated value" policy that lets me drive wherever, whenever. the premium is close to what it would be for a late model stang, but I'm covered for $20K in the event of a total loss.

·
Registered
307 Posts
BLEA, that sounds like a good deal. I ended up having to go with my regular company as well becuase I don't have a garage. The wind up was they were willing to give me "full" coverage for what they estimated the value to be and the premium was more than my '04 Armada with full coverage.

·
Registered
9 Posts
BLEA, that sounds like a good deal. I ended up having to go with my regular company as well becuase I don't have a garage. The wind up was they were willing to give me "full" coverage for what they estimated the value to be and the premium was more than my '04 Armada with full coverage.

which is how much?

·
Registered
307 Posts
I told them to insure it for $15,000 and they quoted met over $800/yr and then told me that if it is damaged they wouldn't necessarily give me $15,000, they would give me what the "market value" of the car is based on year and mileage. I told them to stick it and just give me liability until I find a company that will insure it for what it's worth. So right now I only pay $48/yr liability. Meanwhile I hope it doesn't get stolen. LOL

·
Registered
28 Posts
hagarty wont insure a daily driver but they will insure a person under 25.

grundy wont even look at you if youre under 25.

for me when i was 23, to insure my 65 for $30k with hagarty it was gonna be $400 a year. for my dad whose 50 it was under 200

hagarty also has no attendance clause so if you are out cruising and stop somewhere to eat or run into a store youre covered. you just aret supposed to use it as a DD and run errands all the time in it.

i tried dealing with a local hagarty underwriter and the guy was an idiot so i ended up calling and sending a few emails with hagarty in MI (their main office) and got straight forward answers.

the local guy wouldnt give me an answer on mileage limits, and kept pushing for me to use their financing for the car even after i repeatedly told him the car is paid for and i have title in hand. for some reason he just didnt think a 23 year old would be able to afford or have a '65 thats valued at $30k

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.