Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Mustang GTCS, 1931 Ford Model A, 1984 Mustang GT350 20th anniversary, Nissan Frontier and Momma
131 Posts
my '84 still has original clutch and trans never been out of the car. Will do a real nice burnout every time you dump the clutch. Its the small clutch (10in ?). Keep the fluid level in the trans and drive it.
i guess it depends...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That’s one bad clutch I need one like that. That’s awesome👍🏼
I obviously don’t beat on the car. Ford must have got it right that year. I bought a new clutch years ago, just waiting for when the clutch finally went, but it’s just been sitting on the shelf in the garage collecting dust.

·
Registered
2018 Mustang GT Premium
18 Posts
I obviously don’t beat on the car. Ford must have got it right that year. I bought a new clutch years ago, just waiting for when the clutch finally went, but it’s just been sitting on the shelf in the garage collecting dust.
We have an 03 Yukon with 364K miles and never had to change rotors. They used to build them right.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I've known of several T5 transmissions that held up for 300k.

The key is to change the fluid regularly with the recommended ATF and never let it run low on fluid.

Oh! Also, never spin the tires in reverse... That reverse idler gear likes to shatter and take out the expensive counter gear with it.

Stan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts