Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My check engine light comes on after several minutes of running, I reset it with a tool, it puts out code 1443, which may be related to the charcoal canister system.

Can someone confirm what code 1443 is? or tell me where I can get the codes on line?

I checked the solinoid valve between the charcoal canister and the engine, it works OK. The rubber hose going from the valve down to the fender area is in bad shape, but I cant figgure out where the canister is that it connects to.

Can someone tell me where the canister is on a 1996 mustang convertible? (3.8 V6)

Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance,
Bob in Houston

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
rswitzer said:
My check engine light comes on after several minutes of running, I reset it with a tool, it puts out code 1443, which may be related to the charcoal canister system.

Can someone confirm what code 1443 is? or tell me where I can get the codes on line?

I checked the solinoid valve between the charcoal canister and the engine, it works OK. The rubber hose going from the valve down to the fender area is in bad shape, but I cant figgure out where the canister is that it connects to.

Can someone tell me where the canister is on a 1996 mustang convertible? (3.8 V6)

Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance,
Bob in Houston
I think that goes to an electric Air Pump, which may be your problem.

Shoot mustangtk a PM, and he can probably tell you for sure . ..

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Hrmmm.....EGR Valve?

Former Lee in College Station, now Lee in Kansas.

·
Registered
29 Posts
go to ebay and get the repair manual on cd .

It's well worth the sixteen bucks, and you'll learn more than you ever wanted to know about the EVAP system, which is basically a way to vent fuel vapor from the gas tank to the motor in a closed system that reduces emissions and helps mechanics make their mortgage payments...

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello everyone i need some help finding something

hello i am trying to find my charcoal canister :confused: would anybody be able to help me locate it on a 96 mustang V-6 i looked all around the engine compartment and did not see a round or rectangle canister and sorry if this is the wrong place to post this this is my first time on this site so forgive me i will learn as i go promise

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cannister should be in the passenger side fender well (behind the plastic lining). From what I've learned on here, that code is usually fixed by replacing the purge valve.
Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I had to replace the solenoid, well, the dealer replaced it for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.