Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Pretty much means that the only mods are "bolt ons"- such as CAI induction, Intake spacers etc., no engine work.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Look at my sig for bolt-on's:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
21 Posts
See? No internal engine work! Nice ride - love the sonic blue

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Thanks. No internal work yet:bigthumbsup I'm a broke college student. Bolt-on's do it for me, for now at least.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
it all depends who you ask some guys say heads and cams, intake etc fall into bolt ons.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Also a S/C or turbo unit could be considered 'bolt-on' ...... :bigthumbsup
Although it typically refers to non-FI cars.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I consider a supercharger a bolt on app. As i also consider nitrous bolt on. Here's the way I think about it. Can it be removed and not void the manufacturers warranty? I dont think heads and cams fall into that category, but this is my opinion of bolt ons. Im not going internal until i have some MAJOR money to blow on a new motor. There's plenty of bolt ons to get anyone going into the low 12's easy on a mustang.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Well, you guys are right about all the mods listed above being bolt-on's. I was just thinking of basic bolt-on's:D

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
technically everything is bolted on.. not many welded unless you'll got welded subframes or your tubbing it haha

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
technically everything is bolted on.. not many welded unless you'll got welded subframes or your tubbing it haha
Yea pretty much. Its pretty much exhaust, CAI, a tune (possibly). I don't think SC or Turbos fall into this category. Or at least when most people say bolt ons they have exhaust CAI and a tune from what I've been told.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Yea pretty much. Its pretty much exhaust, CAI, a tune (possibly). I don't think SC or Turbos fall into this category. Or at least when most people say bolt ons they have exhaust CAI and a tune from what I've been told.
Pretty much your average basic bolt on's right? When people say bolt on's I usually think basic CAI and exhaust.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Lol, you make a valid point there my friend:scratchchin

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
lol when your FI and pull up to the ZO6 and he ask's what your running.. just say eh basic bolt ons.. lol... Make sure your hide your supercharger or turbocharger of fury and all the fancy gauges.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
lol when your FI and pull up to the ZO6 and he ask's what your running.. just say eh basic bolt ons.. lol... Make sure your hide your supercharger or turbocharger of fury and all the fancy gauges.
:laugh:So when my car is sitting there whistling, what do I tell them when they ask? Oh it's a air leak no big deal lol.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
naaaa say you got a custom high pressure air bag, theres so much pressure it needs a blow off valve so you have it going to the front of the car

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
:scratchchin Not a bad idea lol. Have you used that line already?

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
nope not yet.:happydance: Most of the ricers around here would belive it though, so it should work.. lmao

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
I'm still going to try it once I go FI lol.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.