Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 66 mustang and I would like to know what is interchangeable with it. What years and vehicles are any trucks also

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have a 66 mustang and I would like to know what is interchangeable with it. What years and vehicles are any trucks also
Allot of parts are interchangeable. I would recommend picking up an interchange manual (eBay is a good source)...also Summit Racing sells a really good one for under $20. Good luck!

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Short answer no trucks just 64-66 mustang and falcon and the 1977-1981 Granada/Versailles you can use the 9 inch out of it and it has rear disc and the front spindles are a good way to get disc brakes cheap.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
A good source for interchangeable parts are the Falcon, Comet, Maverick, Fairlane, Torino, Ranchero, Granada, Monarch and Versailles. There is a book that is quite expensive new, but is the industry standard for interchange parts, it's called the Hollander Interchange Manual. It's has it all. You may be able to find a copy at a reasonable price from a used book store. I believe that they are published yearly.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Short answer no trucks just 64-66 mustang and falcon and the 1977-1981 Granada/Versailles you can use the 9 inch out of it and it has rear disc and the front spindles are a good way to get disc brakes cheap.
I have to disagree: You can use water pumps, pulleys (302), alternators, etc, etc from Ford Trucks! There is a wealth of parts out there for the Hot Rod/Classic Mustang Builder!

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Engine parts yes and the rear drums thats about it off a truck but finding that old of a truck in a junkyard is rare now same with all older cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.