Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 91 mustang with all the boltons and Ford Racing Turbo-Swirl Gt40x Aluminum Heads with cobra upper and lower intake and e-303 cam,i want to know what year trucks or cars i can get the best 351 windsor out of at the local junkyards .oh also want to keep the car fuel injected ,and would my boltons ,heads, cam, and intake fit the 351.what all is needed to make a 351 swap .need alll the help i can get would appreciate all the help.thanks

·
Registered
330 Posts
oil pan
distributor
intake
headers
flywheel / flexplate
pushrods

You would want to get a roller block, to use the cam you have so something from the mid 90's would be good.. you can look for an oj bronco or something like that.

·
Registered
653 Posts
you want a 94 or later block. the came with roller cams and will allow you to use your e303. You might be able to find a complete roller 351w at a junkyard and you can use the distributor from it. You need to drill your head bolt holes out to 1/2' to fit the 351w. you need a swap oil pan and pretty much all of the things deceiver mentioned. I'm finishing up my swap this weekend and can't wait!

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
First, do not use that E303 cam or GT40 heads on a 351 - feed it like a 302 and it will make power like a 302. It will have more torque, but it won't be a huge HP gain. Plus, the 351s are quite a bit heavier, so you need to offset that with more power as well. Here are a few good articles:

351 Engine Swap - 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine

351 Swap Information

351W Conversions, Every Nut and Bolt

Cure Chronic Head Gasket Failure with a 351W Conversion

Check craigslist as well, they are all over. I have 2 in my shop right now of there, one awaiting a build for my car. And +1, if you want a roller block get one from a 94-97

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oil pan
distributor
intake
headers
flywheel / flexplate
pushrods

You would want to get a roller block, to use the cam you have so something from the mid 90's would be good.. you can look for an oj bronco or something like that.
thanks for the info

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First, do not use that E303 cam or GT40 heads on a 351 - feed it like a 302 and it will make power like a 302. It will have more torque, but it won't be a huge HP gain. Plus, the 351s are quite a bit heavier, so you need to offset that with more power as well. Here are a few good articles:

351 Engine Swap - 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine

351 Swap Information

351W Conversions, Every Nut and Bolt

Cure Chronic Head Gasket Failure with a 351W Conversion

Check craigslist as well, they are all over. I have 2 in my shop right now of there, one awaiting a build for my car. And +1, if you want a roller block get one from a 94-97

thanks for all the info ,now i just gotta make the list ,this is probley gunna take me all day to go over ,but will be worth it i cant thank u enough for all the info .:gringreen

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you want a 94 or later block. the came with roller cams and will allow you to use your e303. You might be able to find a complete roller 351w at a junkyard and you can use the distributor from it. You need to drill your head bolt holes out to 1/2' to fit the 351w. you need a swap oil pan and pretty much all of the things deceiver mentioned. I'm finishing up my swap this weekend and can't wait!

let me know how your car runs ..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.