Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much horsepower does a 1970 Boss 429 ACTUALLY have? I've heard they rated it at 375 for legal purposes but it really made over 500 hp. Is this true? I may pick one up.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL well if I find another one....

·
Registered
178 Posts
Your just going to pick one up while you have the free time? Care to give me $200K+ while you're at it?

·
Registered
787 Posts
The original Boss 429 parts are very hard to find, but a Boss 429 can be had. John Kaase builds the heads and intakes and other parts for the Boss. These parts are built to be used on any 429, 460 or larger stock and aftermarket blocks. They use standard ford big block head gaskets and are an improvement over the original heads, which used a special block. They can be built out to at least 600 cu.in. So yes you can have a Boss, and yes they make big H.P.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The Boss 429's were hugely undercarbureated which effectively acted as a restrictor plate. Big performance gains can be had by going to a larger venturi size. Holley 1100 Dominators seem to be popular, but John Kaase would know what's best.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I think maybe he might be meaning to refer to just a motor and not the complete car. Given the original boss 429's are pretty rare and at a price that most 19 year olds could not earn in a year. It could only be an aftermarket from Kasse.

Not saying the young guy does not have the money, but finding a boss 429 and being able to buy it at 19 years of age is even more rare. Maybe its a cobra jet or possibly a thunder jet

If he actually did find a Boss 429, then he should know the history of how it came available.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nope it's legit.....15 k.....its some airhead girl that owns it :D

·
Registered
386 Posts
Is it just the motor or the whole car? If the motor, is it all there? Either way, if it's a real Boss 9, why haven't you bought it already?! If it's a financial issue, pm me and I'll buy it and pay a finders fee.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Only way i can believe this is to see pics of everything. But there is just no way haha. And if so, tell her ill pay 30 grand..:winks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts