Ford Mustang Forum banner

Which is the best aftermarket Mustang company?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who do you think makes the fastest and best looking aftermarket Mustangs? I think its Roush, Saleen and Steeda cant hold up to how tight they handle around a track. So what do you think is the best of the best? Thanks for any responses!
:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
or maybe its SVT or Shelby?

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I am a fan of the Saleen cars. They look clean, and no too overworked.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Really?
I think its the other way around.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I like the roush p51.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Here is my take: The nonfunctional hoodscoop and side window louvers on the Roush look phony and bogus. Ditto their graphics, especially the 427 sidestripe. I think all that junk detracts from the pure lines of the car. The front end looks OK, but no better than the stock GT IMO and you pay plenty for all that. I do like the rear spoiler, though. In contrast to the previous opinion, I think the Saleen is way overdone, especially those little "Eleanor" lights in the front. I also think the center exit exhaust is stupid. I think they changed all that stuff just for the sake of change, and charging thousand$ more, rather than any real improvement in esthetics or functionality. On the other hand, I think the Parnelli Jones model, and the new Saleen version whose name I can't recall but which has the same basic styling as the PJ, is beautiful. Ultimately the Shelby GT500KR and SuperSnake win hands down.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I like the Saleen myself.... but that's just me though. Although I agree with the center exhaust, I'm not big on that myself.... in fact I saw a new S281 convertible and the center exhuast was already shaking from a broken hanger or something. I do like the rearend treatment on the lights and center trunk though. Really like the front also.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I also favor the Roush, although the 427R stripe scheme isn't my favorite. I believe both the frontal and rear view is more aggressive than the Saleen, at least to my taste. The Saleen seems too refined, soft or maybe a touch too civilized for me. The Steeda doesn't do to much for me, but it's still very nice. The GT500 is very well styled, but it's a little too subtle for me. I still can close my eyes and feel the body lines of my 66 coupe I had as a youngster. Actually I like all of the Mustang family, each has it's own character. Well maybe not so much the Mustang-II. Ok, even the II was better than any dang ricer no matter how much plastic and underlighting they paste on it....

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
As a company Saleen has really great peole though. I live in San Diego which isnt too far from there HQ and Assembly line. Me and my dad went there to check it out and they just let us in. We meet this who test the Stage 3 and S7 all day (best job in the world haha). He showed us everything that was unlocked it was so unreal. We went to this back room filled with new mustangs foxbody race cars and we walk past this ford gt that the test driver tells us that it Steve's personal car. It was so cool. At the time the were loading PJ Editions into a closed truck, there must have been 25 PJ out there and I thought to myself " there will probably never be this many PJ togther again and I was there.

So for that maybe it is Saleen that I would choose.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Having seen them up close and personal @ Stillens Open House Saturday I think the Saleen is the best IMO

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Since I own a Saleen I am going to say Saleen. But I am liking the Roush as well.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Saleen if I had to pick just because there blower can make WAY more power then the roush can and have more options for future mods for improving the car.

SVT will all ways win hands down.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.