Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am rebuilding my engine and want a performance distributor and was thinking of getting Pertronix because its a little cheaper than MSD. Just don't know what series/model to get. Or if anyone has recommendations, also am gona be getting the MSD ignition box. I have a 289 and I'm going to be rebuilding it and putting aftermarket parts.

Thanks would really appreciate the help.

·
Registered
797 Posts
id either go with msd or pertronix. i have msd on my 289 and i like it but it was a hassle to set up and cost around 500 for box and dizzy and what not.

on my 302 i have the pertronix ignitor 3 system with the flamethrower coil and wires. comes as a set and is really easy to install. the module goes into your existing dizzy and has a nice factory look. it cost me around 200 for everything.

all in all both good sets. msd is more powerful but you have to pay more for it and its not the most easy to install by far. they are both damned good in my opinion.

hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you yes it does help im gona get the MSD box for $100 brand new. Just trying to figure out which model of the pertronix to get for my car thats not to expensive but is the best for my buck.
Thank you for explain it to me, Do you remember where u got your Pertronix stuff from?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts