Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
calling all mod motor guys, in my signature you can see my mods. i need opinions on what everyone is running as far as plugs and oil. the car is going on the dyno for its 1000mile dyno/tune in about a week and its time to switch from the cheap oil to the expensive synthetic and better plugs since the break in period is through. theirs lots of brands out their that i know of, i just want everyones opinions on what they like and what has worked best for them performance wise. thanks alot.

G

·
I use Mobil 1 Synthetic oil and Ford Motorcraft plugs. From everything I have read, Mobil 1 Synthetic oil always seemed to come out on top or close to it. Been running it in both my stangs now for more than three years along with a Ford Motorcraft oil filter.

As far as plugs, same deal. Alot of Ford guys have recommended motorcraft plugs and that is what I have been running in both of my stangs as well. There maybe better choices but I am satisfied with the level of quality and performance of each of these products.

·
Registered
158 Posts
oil and plugs

I use the MOTORCRAFT plugs.

...and use AMSOIL <<<kinda expensive if you look at the price (5.95$/quart) but well worth it in the long run. I change at about 7.5K to 8K miles...I don't race the car so it's a safe assumption that it will not harm the engine being in there that long.

Might switch down to Mobil 1 Synthetic if gas prices continue to increase.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.