Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 08 gt and was wandering what after market shifter would be the best to buy i have heard they are all pretty much similar but wanted some other opinions. this is my everyday driver but i want to put the best performance mods. thanks

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
You almost can't go wrong with any of the one's people on here have put it.

I love my Hurst....nice tight short shifts and it looks incredibly cool.

I have not tried other ones like MGW, etc....I am sure those are good as well.

Here is mine...

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
MGW, Pro 5.0 and Hurst are all good. MGW is probably the best of the bunch.
+1 on that :bigthumbsup What sold me on the MGW was that fact that you can adjust the throw. The shifts are very smooth and not notchy.

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
IMO, most bang for the buck = MGW. Probably most expensive = MGW. But as already stated - any of the leading brand shifters are good.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Anyone have any suggestions on where to buy a Hurst shifter for the best price? I looked on the classified and could not find any for an 05 Mustang GT. I would gladly buy a slightly used one, but if I have to buy new, I want to get a good price...Thanks for any suggestions

·
Registered
124 Posts
+1 MGW... ull love it

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
The Tri Ax is the same as the Pro5.0. I have not used the MGW so I can't give you any advice. I do like the Pro5.0.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I have the Pro 5.0 and I like it. Its throws are not as short as some of the others. It is a nice well made piece though. Beefy. Dont know how anyone could possibly miss second or third gear in it.

Biggest problem is getting it into reverse or 5th.(Takes a week or two, to get used to) Then again you will never be shifting fast into these gears.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.