Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 78 Posts
Unlike everyone else, I answer "Which axle back sounds best?" with the reply "Mine".

$135 installed, stainless, rolled tips. Took the tech an hour... maybe an hour and a half. I have to carry his cards in my car because so many people ask me about the exhaust, at the track.

YouTube - Straight Pipes

Here's a clip of before and after, stock and SLP Loudmouths, which are the same basic design as mine only cost three times as much and you have to wait to get them and installation is not free. But they sound killer with stock manifolds and H pipe.

YouTube - SLP loudmouths
I am with jetblack:bigthumbsup i went with his advice and do not regret it one bit.The sound is just right.However the best thing i did was go to a mustang car show (myrtle beach) and talk to many people and listen to probably every setup on these cars.I would suggest going to shows and tracking down the cars you see and listen for yourself.Good luck!

SLP Loudmouths.

Absolute Bad@ss:bigthumbsup

Like most of people owning a Mustang 05/08, I've changed my axle back, more for the sound than the extra (little) horse power gained !
After a first set of Steeda/Borla stingers, disapointed by the "droning" at 1800/2100 rpm, I changed for the PRPP GTA mufflers (same than on Shelby 500GT) and I'm realy satisfied, louder sound but not too strong, quite at cruising speed, strong and nice at wot and more important, no droning at all !!!
But, again, exhaust sound is so "personal" that everybody get its own opinion and is sure to get the best exhauxt system !!!

I'm gonna buy the Boom Tubes. If it's anything like their description then I'll be happy. I imagine it would be loud like the Loudmouths but with a deeper, throatier sound. Can't wait to get it! I'll try to get some sound clips and post it on here. Hope I know how. :headscratch:

I'm gonna buy the Boom Tubes. If it's anything like their description then I'll be happy. I imagine it would be loud like the Loudmouths but with a deeper, throatier sound. Can't wait to get it! I'll try to get some sound clips and post it on here. Hope I know how. :headscratch:
I hope they're what you're looking for.:bigthumbsup

I hope they're what you're looking for.:bigthumbsup
If they're "piss off your neighbors loud" then I'll be happy. I don't like my neighbors. LOL :D

I am with jetblack:bigthumbsup i went with his advice and do not regret it one bit.The sound is just right.However the best thing i did was go to a mustang car show (myrtle beach) and talk to many people and listen to probably every setup on these cars.I would suggest going to shows and tracking down the cars you see and listen for yourself.Good luck!
Hey they spelled "coming" wrong in the last part of the 2nd clip! :D

what do you like better about the Flows than your Loudmouths?

and i agree that sound clips don't do much, but the tone is what you can judge by listening to them

People in my neighborhood dont harrass me anymore.. and i just really like the sound better for some reason.. its more what i was looking for.. dont get my wrong, my loudmouths were badass.. i just changed it up to Flowmasters and fell in love with them..

People in my neighborhood dont harrass me anymore.. and i just really like the sound better for some reason.. its more what i was looking for.. dont get my wrong, my loudmouths were badass.. i just changed it up to Flowmasters and fell in love with them..
man I know what you mean... the stupid lady who checks IDs at lunch at my school (she's new, the old one was cool) told me to "watch my speed" pulling out of school... I DON'T F---ING SPEED!!! I love the sound, but it really gives off the wrong impression and comments like that just tick me off after a while... so I get why you toned it down some, I can't imagine how loud SLPs must have been :happyhapp

Check this one out, was curious so I took the flow masters off my 06 and took the stockers, cut them open, riped out the guts, welded them back up and and put them back on!! What do you know, they sounded just like the flow masters...LOL!! Could have saved 300 bucks!

I say go with Borla Stingers. I have them and I get compliments all the time. Its makes the car sound amazing, they really did a great job on these mufflers. They are a little on the expensive side, but in the case you get excatly what you pay for. I wouldn't trade my stingers for the world. Good luck with you decision.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.