Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a black stang and well sometimes it seems like its always dirty anyway i want to use a wax that is ment for black i know they have them. so whats a good brand, does it make the black dark and shiny not just shiny, what if i get it on the champain stripes? i just wann know cuz i saw a black roush and i gave me shivvers cuz mine doesnt quite look like that yet:hihi:

·
Registered
47 Posts
:scratchchin I have had great luck with the Mothers System. I wash and ClayBar, then wax with Mothers Carnuba Wax. Shine seems like it's 10 Ft deep:happydance: You can check out my ride on roaminponies.com in the members ride section. Look for mstng32vt...that's mine.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i already use a caurbana wax stuff so does the clay bar work really well

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
The Clay Bar will help to pull off any impurities on the clear coat. Lightly rub the back of your finger along the paint before and after you clay the car and you will be able to tell a difference. Then do it before and after the wax. The car feels liquid smooth. I use Mother's stuff. It is really nice I think and I have a black Mustang. My paint is in anything but good condition and after I clay/wax the car looks amazing.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so clay bars the thing to do all right is there any downs to a clay bar?

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
so clay bars the thing to do all right is there any downs to a clay bar?
No downs only good things. The clay bar will pull the impurities from you paint and you will be amazed how it feels and looks when you are finished. You wont be sorry.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I also have a black mustang, and using the Mothers Clay Bar system makes my car look super awesome! no downsides it just takes a little more time, but it is well worth it!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Fan of Mother's and Meguiars. Give your car a good bath and dry it in a shaded area. Once the paint is cool, you can clean the paint using the claybar. Use a liquid polish and follow up with a liquid wax. Liquids don't last as long, but they give a better shine and show less swirl marks on black paint. You can also use a synthetic liquid wax which will last longer than paste wax.

What kind of stripes do you have and where are they on the car? Usually you can use a soft damp cloth to wipe of the decals and use a detail brush (looks like a large toothbrush but softer) to remove dried wax on the edges of the decals, emblems, body panels.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Mothers has a great caurbana wax. However, the wax doesn't make the shine. Polish and clay bars will bring that. I like Meguiar's for those things.

·
Registered
487 Posts
black car shine

i got some of the turtle wax Black Box have tried it out on my boys car first was impressed with the shine and the way it covered up fine scratches and small rock chips
View attachment 72914

View attachment 72915

·
Registered
323 Posts
I swear by Mother's & Meguiars car care products, but I recently tried out some Turtle Wax polish & I gotta say I was very impressed with the results. My stang's paint is black as well & it didn't leave a single swirl mark. Although it could be because I switched to a microfiber buffing cloth & whiped back 'n' forth instead of in small circles. Yes, claybars are AWESOME. :happyhapp Everyone so far has offered really good suggestions/recommendations so far...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Gentle touch is the key. I've detailed too many cars to ever get a black car. They look great but are too hard to maintain in Dallas. My financee ended up getting a black PT this past year. It's a good car, but I already have detailing issues. Time to buy a new buffer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.