Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1989 mustang lx all i have done to it is MAC short tube headers flow master H pipe with no catalytic converter a/c and smog pump delete and 3.55 gears its and automatic car and all i want is to be able to run 12 seconds in the 1/4 mile i would like to know what steps i should take to reach that goal any advise would be appreciated

·
Registered
19 Posts
well you can tow it with a chevy hahah lol. naww im messing with you i just had to say that. well there is an enless list you can do depending in how much money you have to spend.
you can start by putting in a e303 or a b303 cam with a pair of rpm performer heads bigger throttle body and plenum, im not a nos fan, but a supercharger should get you there.

im sure there are other opinions from other tuff guys that will help you out.

i had a 93 coup and put rpm heads and a b303 cam tremek 3550 tranny with 4:11's or 10's car came with the gears h pipe and catback exhaust shorty headers and i was hanging with the ws6's i loved that car until some ignorant ricer pulled out i front of me at the end of the street race and totaled the carit bent in half i hit it so hard.

street races arent dangerous its the idiots that decide they want to leave in a middle of a race lol.

·
Registered
221 Posts
best bang for the buck is heads and a higher stall converter. cams are nice for sound and moving the power band around but the stock cam aint bad. the stock heads suck.trick flows are great . or nitrous is a cheap way to go fast . get a 255 fuel pump retard the timming get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and youll go 12s safely

·
Registered
13,138 Posts

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
converter, UPR Products suspension, gear, tires. :winks

(it'll still probably need some hp to get there, so you can look at the "top-end kits". I'm partial to Trick Flow Specialties)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts