Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a college kid trying to save money on a new air filter cover, and it seems the prices on classicinlines.com are way to expensive for such a simple set up like this below. I currently have a 66 inline 6 200ci with a brand new autolite 1100. I want to fashion something exactly like this open air filter cover here

Aluminum Cylinder Head Photos / engbay5.jpg

Is this a good idea in the first place? i currently have the original factory air filter cover with no opening at all. Can anyone please send links on kits, or let me know exactly what parts i need to make something like this intake air cleaner device. Thanks so much i need all the help i can get to save some cash, but i do want it to look clean and be beneficial overall . Thanks!

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
You might do better from a performance standpoint, to put some flexible duct on the snorkel of your air cleaner assembly and run it to the front next to the radiator or to the wheel well to get outside air instead of heated engine compartment air, the I6 already suffer from carb issues being too hot, because they are above the exhaust manifold. Good Luck.

·
Registered
220 Posts
id go with what rex says it looks cool. but you need to pick up the coldest and freshest air you can pick up.

·
Registered
220 Posts
its not specific you have to piece it together yourself. you can pick up the parts from autozone or pepboyz

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
It's going to be tough finding something. He's running a 4V carb in the picture. Hood clearance will be an issue with the single barrel carb. Search the VW section of JC Whitney, or dune buggy part vendors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts