Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my previous forum about what kind of tune i should use on my CAI, i saw alot of people saying the 93 isnt avaliable in certain areas..??? im not sure what that means, so anyone with information on that reply please it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
425 Posts
In my previous forum about what kind of tune i should use on my CAI, i saw alot of people saying the 93 isnt avaliable in certain areas..??? im not sure what that means, so anyone with information on that reply please it would be much appreciated.
goto your local gas pump. when people refer to 93 they mean 93 octane the expensive gas/ premium. some pumps only have 91 octane as there premium. goto your local gas station and see what there premium octane is and thats what your gonna want to tune your car to

·
Registered
515 Posts
Yeah, why would you buy a tune for gas you can't pump. You will damage your engine for real running a 93 octane tune on 91 octane gas.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Here in washington st, the high octane, is 92. I run the 93 octane tune and don't seem to get any detonation. I imagine though that 91 would though. I plan to get a custom tune eventually, but for now this one is working well.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
here in NJ we have 87, 89, 91 and 93 available. And there is a gas station approx every 1/10th a mile so you are sure to find w/e octane you want all the time :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
93 any where in Houston,TX $ 1.71 89 for $ 1.39

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
The highest available here in San Diego is 91 octane. Its fine though, I doubt that there is that much of a difference between 91 and 93.

Of course the difference between 87 and 93 must be that much more pronounced than the difference between 87 and 91. :scratchchin

I'd stick to whatever octane it says on the pump, rather than trying to load your car up on "octane boosters." If you read the bottle you'll find that an entire bottle only boosts your octane by like 1/3 of a point. With each bottle at $5-6 or better, you're not looking at a very cost effective solution on top of it being a terribly inaccurate way of getting a higher octane fuel.

·
Registered
785 Posts
91 here in ks i wish i could get 93 i have 91 with lots of octane boost.do yall think that octane boost could raise it to 93 i put one with every fill up and seams to run strongest that way
You would be better off putting a gallon of race fuel in every tank. Lead and all. If you read the literature on your tuner, it reccomends AGAINST octane boosters. They just don't do enough to make it worth your while. (I don't actually reccomend putting 104 octane leaded racing fuel in your tank though) but that would raise your level a bit. You would foul up your sensors with a quickness though. If it doesn't knock with your current setup, don't spend another second worring about it. If it does..... Tune it down. Simple enuf.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.