Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first i know its a v6 and it wont make a v8 sound, but in your opinion what is the deepest axle back out there i want to change my tone,, my roush are extremely looud and my gt500 are to canlike, i got the bbk ceramic LT headers and mi x pipes which opens a lot the sound. i'm looking at flowmaster comp duad tip and pipes bomb (but i think this last would be too loud with the headres. if you guys got some videos with LT headers or something i would appreciate it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Borla touring would probably sound good with your headers

·
Registered
165 Posts
I had the bbk headers and catted x-pipe with borla s-types and they were deep at idle. I would say the s-types will be deeper than the roushes becasue they are not as loud and not as raspy as the roushes with the bbk set-up, but it was still a really loud system!

heres the set up I had with stock axel-backs then switched to the s-types:

2011 V6 Mustang BBK & Borla Exhaust - YouTube

·
Banned
611 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all the videos, what u guys think about the frpp they are famous for the deep tone. i will also chek the flowmaster resonator's

·
Registered
689 Posts
I love my FRPP sport axle backs

·
Registered
282 Posts
my gt500 are to canlike,
what does canlike mean or sound like? I too am seeking a deep sounding exhaust with little drone and was about to purchase the GT500's.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what does canlike mean or sound like? I too am seeking a deep sounding exhaust with little drone and was about to purchase the GT500's.

i think if you are not geting the bbk headers or any full exhaust the gt500 will work great for you. they sound to raspy an get a lot of drone but i think that comes most from the headers because they are kind of quiet at low rpm but they wont make a deep(v8 like) sound as i have seen some videos of the frpp for example but these are too expensive for me.

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
i think if you are not geting the bbk headers or any full exhaust the gt500 will work great for you. they sound to raspy an get a lot of drone but i think that comes most from the headers because they are kind of quiet at low rpm but they wont make a deep(v8 like) sound as i have seen some videos of the frpp for example but these are too expensive for me.
Something is wrong if you're getting drone with he GT500 mufflers. I have never heard of anybody having drone issues with those mufflers. That is the main reason they are so popular with the 11+ 5.0 guys.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I have the touring. I really like the way it sounds with with lt's. i know what you mean by can sound. Theres a certian rpm where it does that on me but it doesnt last long. Little raspy but im sure its nothing like the roushes. Frpp sports i bet sound really good but those are louder than i wanted. Ill see if i can make a video and ill post it sometime in the near future

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Consider mine another vote for FRPP Sports.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,040 Posts

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
I think you would be the only one...
+1. Even Borla says the FRPP is deeper than theirs. And as an owner, they sound phenomenal.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 19 of 19 Posts