Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

i am 15 years old and I buy a 1989 lx and a want to now what is the best modification a can do to get the most horsepower en torque on it

now a got pulley,flowmaster exhaust, pulley, K&N ram air, ford racing 9mm wires, accel coil and accel distributors

what do you think i can modified to got more horsepower and torque

thank
(sorry for my english)

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
First things I would be looking in to are not HP related, but safety related. Subframe Connectors are a MUST on Fox Cars, and the stock brakes are miserable at best! Its not fun going fast and not being able to stop, nor is it any good for the car to be flexing all over without the SFCs. After those, I would look at a set of gears for the rear as they will give you the best seat of the pants feel. Good luck with your car!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got subframe connector but no brake.

what kind of brake I can put on my car.

I wont good quality but not to expensive

thank

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
The Best brake mods by far are from SN95 cars but are kind of pricey, but you never know what you might score from a junk yard. Most of the other brake mods really are not worth spending the money on in my opinion as they really dont help much in the braking department. Just buy some Hawk Pads and tune up your brake system and live with it until you can afford to spend a little money!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Get some new heads! AFR 185's are the best heads for performance if you still want to drive it on the street. If you get heads, get a new cam. If you do that get a new intake manifold. If you dont have much money to spend right now I would get your stock heads, and intake manifold ported, and polished, and an E cam. But if its speed density you will need to convert to mass air. 89's from cali are mass air, if not from cali yours is speed density.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Eagle347 said:
... But if its speed density you will need to convert to mass air.
If you don't change cams or use the RIGHT cam (i.e. Crower 15510, Crane 2030.2031, etc) you can mod Speed Density with heads and an intake and NOT have to install an MAF system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.